Community > Posts By > Friendly_Woman

no photo
Thu 08/13/15 05:30 AM
I don't think I ever will. I'd rather not sign a contract that's too hard to get out of. You can't always guarantee the marriage will last.

no photo
Wed 08/12/15 04:04 PM

Is it your partner's job to make you happy or feel fulfilled?

No. That's MY job. If I can't be happy, I might as well be dead.

I don't think it should be your partner's goal to "make" you happy, yet when relationships break down a lot of people seem to blame the other person for their lack of happiness.

So what do you think is the goal of a; relationship?

To have a nice time together and to treasure it.

Is it to be happy? And is being unhappy a good enough reason for separation?

I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. Being unhappy is a good enough reason to break up, as long as it doesn't involve blaming the other person in the relationship.

no photo
Wed 08/12/15 03:46 PM
I don't understand when people say "Off of". "I got this new bike off of the guy living nextdoor":-) 'Off' means something completely different to 'Of'. Sorry for the lecture but I know I'm right. :tongue:

no photo
Mon 08/10/15 10:41 AM
Well no. It just depends who is in my life at the time.

no photo
Mon 08/10/15 07:58 AM

I have dated good looking men. I had a BF who was younger than me. Very good looking but he didn't stimulate me mentally and intellectually. One day, I met him at the train station. He just smiled this wide gorgeous smile at me. He was so excited to see me. My heart sank. That's when I knew that I had to break it off. He loved me so much and I didn't feel the same way. His deep feelings for me actually made me cringe. I cared for him but the deep love was not there. It would have been unfair to continue stringing him along.

I also dated men who were highly intelligent but I found them unattractive physically. I was turned on by his intellect but physically, he just made me feel nothing, no excitement.

Conclusion: I need both physical and mental/intellectual stimulation and attraction to be excited over a man. I have never really experienced both in the same man or I might have been married by now. Something is always missing.

I agree. Reading me poems, or talking about science fiction isn't going to turn me on. laugh I have to feel physically attracted to him. I can't feel any excitement if he isn't visually attractive.

no photo
Sun 08/09/15 11:04 AM
Some might have certain personality traits that don't bode well with whoever they're with at that time.

Some are too insecure.

Some feel destroyed.

They might lose trust in the other person.

no photo
Sun 08/09/15 10:52 AM
Frustrated. I still can't believe a relative of mine, has been forced out of a care home and put into a flat, that has coffee stains on the wall, torn mattress, the gaps between the ceilings and walls are big, stained carpets. Need I say more? A care service is allowed to do this to people. Why isn't anyone fighting back? Rich people using mentally ill people.

no photo
Sun 08/09/15 10:45 AM
Putting a stop to care services using any excuse to dump mentally I'll people in squalid flats. The mentally I'll people should be reviewed PROPERLY before giving them independent living. But you know how greedy landlords can be. So I guess pushing social workers to find just anyone to live in "suitable" communities, is at least money in the landlords pocket, while the tenant feels trapped.

no photo
Sun 08/09/15 10:31 AM
If someone looks at a couple they may consider a mismatch, it's because they've never seen how great the two are for each other.

Maturity doesn't always come with age. However, I'd take a wise forty year old, over a twenty-something. I like grown men.

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 12:48 PM
Edited by Friendly_Woman on Sat 08/08/15 12:49 PM
I honestly don't know. I more than likely can't remember. laugh

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 12:45 PM
I tend to get that sympathy look from people, when I tell them that I like living here. "Awwww. I couldn't live in one. I like my independence too much". Yeah well, living on your own isn't exactly all it's hyped up to be. I'd rather be sat in a communal lounge, knowing there's still people to talk to. Living on my own got too quiet.

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 12:32 PM
And then there's mental illness that can play a part in it. Maybe the person randomly goes moody, due to their condition. I've experienced it and tried to respond as calmly and appropriate as I possibly could. Even though he didn't mean it, he would shun me, because of his illness. Otherwise he was very loving.

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 08:12 AM
I've never been in this situation. I think I'd take it to the nearest police station, so that they can put it in lost property.

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 07:58 AM

It can happen. I know a couple that married on the second date.
Lasted over 35 years. When he died. She died about a year later. They had a wonderful life together.

Awwww. God bless them. Not trying to sound depressing, but I'm sure I'd like to die MYSELF soon after my lover. Only because the heartbreak of him going would cripple me.

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 07:53 AM
Love requires physical closeness [as in being near the person], body language, emotional attachment, scent, facial expressions, being able to read the person. So no, it isn't.

no photo
Wed 08/05/15 01:55 PM
Maybe something complicated is going on in her personal life.

no photo
Wed 08/05/15 11:10 AM
I think it would be wise to leave them to it. You don't want the kid seeing you in a bitter angry state. It never just affects the two parents involved. Unfortunately, some parents put fighting before the child they both brought up. I think it's really petty. Someone think about how the child feels for once.

no photo
Wed 08/05/15 10:01 AM
If you feel a need to talk to him about it, maybe text him. It will be the only way you can know for sure, about what he wanted from you. Otherwise you'll just be doing what you do every day, by wondering. However, I think he knew what he was doing. You don't have to be all angry when talking to him. It's better to remain diplomatic. Politeness pays off way more than any shouting contest.

no photo
Mon 08/03/15 01:06 PM
I laugh at when they come out with "Trading my wife in for a younger model". Ten years after their divorce he's still not found an elusive younger model. The word model is a tad unrealistic for starters.

no photo
Mon 08/03/15 10:53 AM
Don't let age fool you. Eye candy is what it is. He might put his arm around you, sit with you, pretend to be interested in you, but beware the betrayal factor is all I can advise.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25