Community > Posts By > VacantDreamer

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/14/10 12:45 PM

had you had nsa sex with him before?

Yes. We ended our engagement 4 years ago and have had NSA sex many times since.

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/14/10 12:41 PM

denyabitlity....maybe this other girl isn't up for the open status...this would require him to begin lies and hiding things.

He wouldn't lie to ME though, thats what I'm saying. And if he was trying to lie and mess around on someone else, then why reject me? Knowing that it happens, and its done, we don't talk about it or anything, it is what it is and thats the end of it.

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/14/10 12:33 PM
He isn't like that. He has always told me in the past when he was with someone. Even while we were engaged, we were in an open relationship, he always told me, and I him. Why start lying now?

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/14/10 12:22 PM

You know for a guy to turn down sure-thing-no-strings-attached-sex there has to be some thing going on with him. I know it's hard to grasp but I'm sure you know he did really want it. There's a good chance that hanging out and having a great time all night brought back some old very strong feelings on his end.

If that is the case, then I wish he would've just told me that. I don't think that is the case, though, because he knows I don't want a relationship with a man....but then, maybe him knowing that is what made him say no....hmmm....

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/14/10 12:14 PM
I am talking about myself, of course.

The other night, I went out with a few friends, including a guy I have known for ten years.

We were engaged for five years, then we split. It was a mutual thing, not a bad breakup at all, and we have remained close friends ever since, with the occasional tryst when we are both single, just to help each other out. No strings, no "feelings", no awkwardness later...just sex.

So anyway. We went out. Had a fantastic time, drinking, dancing, watching the drag show, drinking some more...end of the night came and for the first time ever, I get to hear these words: "I can't tonight, Jess. Its not you, please believe that. I just can't do this with you anymore, for more reasons than you could understand right now."

Talk about floored.

I don't mean to sound conceited or anything. I have been rejected before, and honestly, I just moved on, it wasn't a big deal. But this time....

I don't really know what my point here was. Maybe to just vent. Maybe to get some feedback on which direction my thoughts SHOULD be taking, because right now, my brain won't shut up.

Ahhhh ok I'm done now. Thanks for listening, if anyone does read this lol. flowerforyou

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/14/10 11:42 AM
I have trust issues and yet am far too gullible at the same time. frustrated

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/14/10 11:37 AM
Edited by VacantDreamer on Mon 06/14/10 11:38 AM

it's like in the movie practical magic with sandra bullock and nicole kidman, as a child sandra bullocks character wishes for a guy with all of the certain characteristics that would pretty much make for an impossible person. of course through the magic of hollywood he was possible, but that's not the point.
it's okay to have standards, it's something else to knit pick.
i've seen sites where you could filter the potential matches based on eye color, or hair color. are we really that picky that we disqualify people based on the color of their eyes? in some instances, yes some people are that picky. i think those people need to wake up. what happens when a person comes along that has all of the right qualities except, oops they have brown eyes and i wanted someone with blue eyes? guess i'll just have to wait for the next one to come along.
nobody is perfect like the prince charmings in fairy tales. people need to have realistic standards. and they need to focus on attributes that are truly important.

of course another problem could be the perceived requirements. i think that sometimes ( i know i do this ) we as people think that the opposite sex is looking for a certain thing ( which they may or may not be ) and therefore we prematurely disqualify ourselves because of what we "think" the other wants. we get to thinking "oh, she's just so perfect. she wouldn't be interested in someone like me" when there is a possibility that we could be exactly what they're looking for.
the plain and simple truth is that nobody knows what the someone else is looking for unless they find out from that person directly.

so, standards are important, but they should be realistic. and just because i don't think that i'm what she's looking for, it doesn't necessarily mean that i'm not exactly what she's looking for.

. . .

Ah but she was dreaming up an IMPOSSIBLE man so that she wouldn't ever fall in love. She didn't actually WANT all those things. She was protecting herself.

Just wanted to point that out.

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/13/10 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice. Much appreciated.

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/13/10 02:35 AM
Rejection F@&*ing sucks.

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 07:03 PM
Mine did, too....

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 06:23 PM
Using numbers in place of letters or a mixture of the two for simple words. frustrated

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 06:19 PM
Sagging. huh

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 06:14 PM
8 (only cuz you're a guy but I love your hair :wink:)

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 02:00 PM
Edited by VacantDreamer on Sat 06/12/10 02:01 PM
You know you are a bad housekeeper when....

You smell something foul and instead of trying to find the source of the smell, you Febreeze constantly to cover it up.

(yes, my roommate did that while I was out of town. ugh.)

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 01:55 PM
That works for the searches, but I don't think you can control who responds to your forum post or who can search YOU.

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 01:53 PM
I learned that some people, more so the selfish entitled ones who have never had to work for anything in life, will never grow up. I want to be someone's girlfriend, not their mommy.

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 02:28 AM
Brad Pitt. Just so I could get close to Angelina Jolie. love

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 12:48 AM
When they ask a question then 5 minutes later ask the exact same question again.

When they go from, "what kind of music do you like?" to "how do you feel about anal?" within 2 minutes of introductions.

Both are buh bye cues for me.

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 12:43 AM
Hunger

VacantDreamer's photo
Sat 06/12/10 12:34 AM
Inspiring