Community > Posts By > VacantDreamer

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 05:48 PM

Ok I've been here almost 24 hours now, why doesn't anyone talk to me?? Just kidding, just kidding, don't flame me now :wink: devil

No, my question to everyone is, do people here actually take the time to read the profiles, or do the majority just look at the picture, say "oh s/he is HOT" and start nudging?

Just curious flowerforyou
i read the part that said you are looking for a woman and thus haven't tried to get your attention since i am not a woman.

. . .

Ha ha thats the part most seem to be not seeing :wink:

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 05:36 PM

I read profiles. :thumbsup:

My profile is rather specific so it would be duplicitous of me to not return the gesture. Besides, I want to know about the person! If they offer zero information – they receive zero interest from me.

If you are only trolling the profiles you will have little to no success. Participate in the forums to meet active members.

Unsolicited emails or nudges from people who are unknown to another do not bode well. I ignore any friend invites, emails or nudges from strangers. I like to know people from the forums first.

Be patient. I dated someone for 7 months on Mingle. It took me 3 months to discover his profile. winking

Oh I have been doing a little posting, but mostly just watching, reading, getting a feel for things here. I just wondered about the profile thing, because I plan to add to mine, but if it doesn't get read, and most go by what they see in the forums, then I don't really see too much point to it. Make sense? It did in my head :wink:

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 05:00 PM
Ok I've been here almost 24 hours now, why doesn't anyone talk to me?? Just kidding, just kidding, don't flame me now :wink: devil

No, my question to everyone is, do people here actually take the time to read the profiles, or do the majority just look at the picture, say "oh s/he is HOT" and start nudging?

Just curious flowerforyou

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 04:35 PM
I can take the heat up to around 105 degrees before it bothers me, as long as its dry heat. The humidity is what drives me nuts, it could be only around 85 out but if its humid, I'm stayin in my a/c. Seems like the humidity saps the energy out of people and makes them a bit pissy. I know it does me!

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 01:56 PM

Thank you for your response. I battle depression as well, and this whole forum was a bit ummmm disturbing; as if we chose to be this way. But it's typical reactions for people to say, just snap out of it, embrace life. When you actually have hereditary factors, bad genes, and chemical imbalances, a lot of it can be out of our hands as you know. Good luck in your battle. :smile:

And to you as well :smile: I believe it is just difficult for people who have not experienced it to understand. From an outsider's perspective, my life probably seems pretty good compared to many unfortunate people out there. So they sometimes think its just a matter of, it'll pass, get over it, focus on the good, etc. I've been in this fight for 12 years, and trust me, if I could snap out of it, I would. I think if some folks would take the time to get the facts, or even just ask questions of someone who deals with these things, understanding may come to those who seem to be dismissive.

On a more personal note, I know the value of a good listener, and pride myself on being one, so if you ever need someone to talk to, I am here :smile:

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 01:49 PM
Agreed with Valentina, definitely take some time to enjoy the single life, it can be fun if you make it fun :) And welcome! :wink:

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 01:45 PM
A person's mind is a complex thing. Regardless of how much someone may or may not have, many times all it takes is one slight thing to throw that person in a funk. There are many different contributing factors, chemical imbalance, environment, etc. There are many people out there, myself included, who battle depression and simply do NOT know why they feel the way they feel. Your friends may be dealing with underlying feelings that they are not capable of expressing, and that in itself can become problematic to a person's mental health. There is no one solution for dealing with depression, or bi-polar disorder, or any other mental health issue. Its trial and error, and the important thing is that your friends get the help and support they need in order to cope.

The biggest thing to remember, though: When it comes to helping a friend deal with any type of mental health issues, assumption is the mother of all f*&% ups. By assuming someone is making a situation worse than it really is or looking for attention is belittling your friend's feelings.

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 01:29 PM

We are all certifyably crazy....

thats about the lump of it!laugh laugh laugh

Oh I should fit right in, then. I wondered why the men in white coats stopped chasing me when I signed up....

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 01:22 PM

There are so many georgous woman here!!!

Good Luck!!!But mostly....

Have fun!!!!

Thanks! So far I am enjoying myself, just going through and reading the forums and seeing how everyone interacts. :)

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 01:17 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) I look forward to getting to know some new people! :)

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 01:15 PM

Aren't studs of the male gender?what

Welcomewaving

"Studs" are the lesbians who look more male than female. Its the newer term for "butch", apparently. huh

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 12:51 AM

Welcome!

Thank you! happy

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 12:32 AM

pretty much.
i think today was a nice day, but i didn't leave the house. i was catching up on sleep from traveling and work and being out all night last night.

Party a little too hard? :wink:

VacantDreamer's photo
Mon 06/07/10 12:05 AM

yeah, the snow sucks too. i've been looking for some clear weather so i can get my bike out, but they forecast rain almost every night. i work evenings so i have to plan before i go to work.
this weather needs to straighten up.

. . .

I have family in Pana, they have been tellin me the weather has been crazy up there, can't make up its mind WHAT it wants to do.

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 11:54 PM
Edited by VacantDreamer on Sun 06/06/10 11:55 PM

you're going to do well here, you can carry a conversation, and are pretty as well....i suspect you won't be here long before you find what you are searching for.

Well thank you for the compliment :) Who knows, I might be here a while, who's to say what I'm searching for is defined? ;)

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 11:51 PM

yeah, it rained about half of the 10 days i was over there, but it was never over the mid-70's. really couldn't complain about the weather too much.

. . .

We had a 11 days straight of rain last month. I was so happy when that was over with. But the past week or so its been really hot and humid. Better than snow, though!

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 11:45 PM

waving

biggrin waving

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 11:43 PM

i was actually just in you're neck of the woods last week. caught a flight back in from germany and landed in St. Louis.
small world.

. . .

Really? How'd you like it?

st. louis or germany?
germany was great. st. louis, not so much. damn midwest humidity hit me as soon as i stepped out of the airport.

. . .

I hear that, it skipped springtime here and went straight to blast-oven outside!

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 11:37 PM

i was actually just in you're neck of the woods last week. caught a flight back in from germany and landed in St. Louis.
small world.

. . .

Really? How'd you like it?

VacantDreamer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 11:33 PM

Im new, I joined today. looking for a good woman !!and some support and lesbian friendship.
lets see whats out there.blushing

I am new myself, but welcome :)