Community > Posts By > ashryn

ashryn's photo
Tue 05/08/12 05:26 PM
Hi! I have a son with autism. He is 8 years old now but he was 12 months when we starting noticing things like he never liked cuddling with us, when you picked him up he would not curl his arms and legs around you, he would never look at us, etc. By the time he was 20 months we started the process of getting him tested. I filled out questionaires and then went through the school system to get some testing done. After their testing came back I was able to use those results I was able to get a referral to the Thompson Center for Neurological Disorders. It literally took five minutes for the lady to diagnoise him. I have to say it has been a really tough road but I have learned as much from him and he has from me and our team that help him. Yes I refer to us as a team, his teachers, therapist, doctors, close family friends, co workers. Everyone he is around my son is apart of our team so that they know what to expect and what to do when the unexpected happens. He is aggressive and sometimes he has strength that just seem abnormal for a child his age. But we have a strict routine that we do and stick to as much as possible. Feel free to email me! We can trade info back and forth. I may have some things that would help you and you might have some ideas that could help me from time to time. Hope everything works out for you and remember sometimes its the simple things that make the days easier...like laying outside in the yard. That has a wonderful calming effect on my son. Have a great night. :)

ashryn's photo
Tue 05/08/12 05:14 PM

Wow...I have probably over 200 romance novels...i love to read! I guess it depends on what kind of romance novels you like...I have some by Zane but my favorite are the ones by Janet Chapment. The are all highlander novels and of course magic is always involved in most of her books. But they are the kind of stories you can get lost in. If you like romance as well as little more syfy action then Genoshowalter's Lords of the Underworld is an excellant series. Love it!! I have probably read the entire series four times :) Never read any spanish romances, maybe I'll give it a try. Good luck!happy

Those sound good. I read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon which was a time travel romance. VERY GOOD. I would like to read the second book in that series.

Never heard of that one but I will def look into it! I love books by Nora Roberts, Karen Moning, and Monica Roberts. I would have to say a majority of my collection takes part in Scotland lol. I read a new series but its not a romance. Its more for teens but really good all the same. Its the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Claire. Its a great read if you like books about battles between angels, nephifilm, and downworlders (werewolves, vampires, etc). :)

ashryn's photo
Tue 05/08/12 01:18 PM
Def funny!! I thought I was the only who didn't like for people to hold the door open but of course mine is for a completely different reason. It looks weird when my friend who is like 5'10" holds the door open for me because then it looks like she's my babysitter instead of my friend (and this is because I'm pretty short lol). Great profile, a person can learn alot just by reading between the lines! Good luck and welcome to mingle!flowers

ashryn's photo
Tue 05/08/12 01:07 PM
Wow...I have probably over 200 romance novels...i love to read! I guess it depends on what kind of romance novels you like...I have some by Zane but my favorite are the ones by Janet Chapment. The are all highlander novels and of course magic is always involved in most of her books. But they are the kind of stories you can get lost in. If you like romance as well as little more syfy action then Genoshowalter's Lords of the Underworld is an excellant series. Love it!! I have probably read the entire series four times :) Never read any spanish romances, maybe I'll give it a try. Good luck!happy

ashryn's photo
Tue 05/08/12 11:41 AM

Okay, here we go...tell me what you think :) Honesty is always good so if you see something thats like whoa...let me know :) have a fab day!happy

Needs more sentences, at least a paragraph. Ex. What makes you, you? What makes you so easy to be around and talk to. What exactly is it that you are seeking?

List some interests as well.

Good pic set though. :)

Thanks...I will do that :)

ashryn's photo
Sun 05/06/12 12:34 PM

You have one of those faces....

Thats just adorable!

Thanks! flowerforyou

ashryn's photo
Sun 05/06/12 10:40 AM

tq u

tq ??

ashryn's photo
Sun 05/06/12 10:10 AM
Okay, here we go...tell me what you think :) Honesty is always good so if you see something thats like whoa...let me know :) have a fab day!happy

ashryn's photo
Wed 05/02/12 06:34 AM
I believe in it...:smile:

ashryn's photo
Fri 04/27/12 10:15 AM
two months ago :)

ashryn's photo
Thu 04/26/12 06:49 AM

Where's a place you want to go but haven't been yet? I have always wanted to go to Scotland to see some of the castles I have read about and of course see the reenactment (sorry if thats spelled wrong lol) of the highland games. I also want to visit Cananda more specificly to see the Quebec Gardens.

Italy, Australia, Texas, California, Lots of places.

I do plan on moving to Texas soon, and am seriously considering moving to Australia in the future.

Would love to visit Europe, esp. Rome, Germany, and London.

Would love to travel the world.

I think that would be great to travel the world...but for me that's not quite possible. I just left the U.S. for the first time last year actually it was only the second time I left my state lol. So now I am trying to at least go to one place a year that I have always wanted to go!

ashryn's photo
Thu 04/26/12 06:47 AM

Where's a place you want to go but haven't been yet? I have always wanted to go to Scotland to see some of the castles I have read about and of course see the reenactment (sorry if thats spelled wrong lol) of the highland games. I also want to visit Cananda more specificly to see the Quebec Gardens.
lolllll honestly not sure, i been to a lot of different places already but i don't like the plane rides to much anymore,cause had a couple bad experience with turbulences that everything in the plane flew all over was end of a hurricane couple diff times 1 coming back from Cuba other coming back from Daytona beach ,also another time plane was hit by lightning and power went off for couple minutes ,so lately i stay put for now laugh biggrin flowerforyou :wink: :thumbsup: oh and hello there my friend:)

you would say all that to someone who already doesn't like flying that much but does because unfortunately some of the places i want to go don't have a bridge from their location to here lol and hello back :smile: :wink: flowerforyou happy

ashryn's photo
Wed 04/25/12 05:07 PM

Bermuda!!
And back to Scotland at least once more!!!!!!

Scotland is my stop for next year!!

ashryn's photo
Wed 04/25/12 12:25 PM
Japan...I think I have that somewhere on my bucket list

ashryn's photo
Wed 04/25/12 11:54 AM

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/23/12 08:07 PM
Its okay to kiss on the first date...it just depends on the kiss...if its one of those dates where you don't think there will be another one then i kiss on the cheek (kinda like a thanks anyway lol) and if i get butterflies...well then the deserves a completely different kiss:wink:

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/23/12 09:31 AM

I Got the Beer Here:)laugh :banana: :thumbsup:

I want in on the beer! laugh

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/23/12 06:46 AM
Let's see I was raised in a home where we didn't have much (including running water at times) but we didn't complain. We were taught to be thankful what we did have, don't take what you want instead find a way to earn it, trust and love are the ultimate gifts, and if someone hits you, you best hit back harder (literally). All in all I like to think I turned out to be a good person. My mom took in kids who had no where to go even when we had no room for them so we were a pretty big and diversed family. So I am very open minded and I help people when they need it (giving them a hand up instead of a hand out). I believe we all make mistakes and at times wish we could change the past but the past is what makes us we are even if our past has a few blemishes. It's not everyday a guy wants to know that his gf used to get paid to fight others so she could help out her mom lol. I have two kids and everyday I hope that I am raising them the best of my ability because I don't expect them to be perfect. :smile:

ashryn's photo
Sun 04/22/12 07:08 AM
sometimes the person you're looking for is right in front of you :smile:

ashryn's photo
Sun 04/22/12 04:35 AM

So I was dating a guy for about a month and a half. We saw each other once a week if that because we are both busy plus he traveled for work. Out of the blue he sent me a text saying he loved me...and I replied I'm flattered however I don't feel that way right now and I also told him I didn't think he really felt that way either. I told him maybe he liked me alot, maybe even infatuated but I did not believe he loved me considering we saw each other probably five times and each time it was just a few hours. He acted like he was okay with it but then he started writing crappy statuses on facebook about me so I cut him off. I told him I would be his friend but nothing more not even an occasional toss in the sheets out of sheer bordom...was I too blunt??
well well hello there you sweet thing you :) lolllllll :wink:flowerforyouhappy :tongue: :banana: well i think you were strait forward ,you told him how you felt and if the guy did love you like he said he did, then he would not write bad things on facebook lolll he sounds like a kid sorry to say:) loll cause a person that loves someone and then the next minute after you tell him how you feel he turns on you hahaha no way thats love unless a sick kind of love :) you did the right thing by moving on my sweet friend:)waving biggrin tongue2 flowerforyou :thumbsup: PS I sure hope not about the toss in sheets:)whoa slaphead :thumbsup:

lol hello loves...you always make my days brighter when i read the stuff you write...and no worries no tossing on the sheets bahaha!! happy :banana: flowerforyou
whewwwwww good to know lolllll and oh am i called loves now yippy lolllllllllllllll i glad your happy you got rid of that jerk my friend:)flowerforyou :banana: :thumbsup: ps keep them sheets clean and fresh :wink: laugh :thumbsup: :banana: flowerforyou tongue2 waving biggrin :thumbsup:

lol