Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Sat 09/17/16 06:36 AM
I was almost going to scream here we go again with some d..b topic but I saw your apologies. Apologies accepted, go and sin no more

no photo
Thu 09/15/16 12:49 PM
I've heard a lot of crappy stuff about voting in either HC or DT. The clincher was the saying that the US would become a 3rd World Country if either is elected within 4 years

no photo
Thu 09/15/16 12:44 PM
A lot of marriages have broken due to sexual incompatibility. I'm not an advocate of sex before marriage but you've got to enter into marriages with both eyes open. no mushy mushy stuff no more

no photo
Thu 09/15/16 12:41 PM
Do you think Jesus is going ask us if we are catholics or protestants if we're lucky enough to make it to heaven. I think all these divisions in the body of Christ are just uncalled for and designed to blind us from the truth.

no photo
Thu 09/15/16 12:39 PM
That's sounds like a lot of criteria for just one man

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:32 PM
How do you handle a partner who blows up at the slightest provocation? I've decided to give myself some space so as to save my life. ..whatdoyouthink

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:22 PM
Any luck yet?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:10 PM
Remember God didn't create Adam and Steve. He fashioned out a woman Eve to be a companion to man. A penis should go into a vagina and not a ********... If you wanna be gay, fine, but keep it in your bedroom as your damn secret.

no photo
Fri 09/09/16 01:03 PM
I think catholics feels they have a special distinction of being the ultimate christians...I think it's bullcrap

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 10:56 PM
I once went for dinner and we had this. It was out of this world. I couldn't get enough of it. Totally delicious.

Thanks for posting the recipe - will be giving it a try very soon!!!

I'm sure glad you enjoyed it. Give a try at making it and you wouldn't go wrong.

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 10:54 PM
haha...I would do that in a heartbeat. cooking is one of my hobbies

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 08:33 AM
The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties. This is the most popular Nigerian rice recipe. This is why you will always see it in parties. It is quite easy to prepare if you follow the simple steps.

How to Cook Nigerian Jollof rice.

The following are other variations of Jollof Rice:
Coconut Rice
Mixed Vegetable
Jollof Rice
Rice and Beans

Ingredients*.
3 cigar cups | 750g long grain parboiled rice
*.Tomato Stew500 mls
*.Chicken (whole chicken, drumsticks or chicken breast)
*.Pepper and salt (to taste)
*.2 medium onions
*.3 Knorr cubes
*.2 teaspoons thyme
*.2 teaspoons curry powder (Nigerian curry powder)

Before you cook Jollof Rice
1.Prepare the tomato stew. Visit theTomato Stew pagefor details on how to do that. It is advisable to prepare tomato stew before handand keep in the freezer. This is so that whenever you want to cook any jollof rice related dish, it is just a matter of adding it toyour cooking.
2.If you will use whole chicken then wash and cut it into pieces. Cook with the thyme, Knorr cubes and 2 bulbs of onions (chopped). The cooking time depends on the type of chicken. The rooster or cockerel cooks much faster than the hen but the hen is definitely tastier. When done,grillit in an oven. You may also fryit. This is to give it a golden look which is more presentable especially if you have guests for dinner.
3.Parboil the rice using the method detailed inparboiling rice for cooking jollof rice. Rinse the parboiled rice and put in a sieve to drain.

Cooking Directions
1.Pour the chicken stock and the tomato stew into a sizeable pot and leave to boil.
2.Add the drained parboiled rice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Thewater levelshould be the same level of the rice. This is to ensure that all the water dries up by the time the rice is cooked.
3.Cover the pot and leave to cook on low to medium heat. This way the rice does not burn before the water dries up.If you parboiled the rice as described at parboiling rice for cooking jollof rice, the rice should be done by the time the water is dry. Taste to confirm. If not, you will need to add more water and reduce the heat to prevent burning.
Keep cooking till done.
Serve with Fried Plantain,Nigerian Moi Moi, Nigerian Salad or Coleslaw.
You can spice up this recipe by adding 2 well known vegetables to arrive at what we refer to as Mixed Vegetables Jollof Rice.

no photo
Thu 09/08/16 08:25 AM
Have anyone heard about this popular West African cuisine. I don't mean to be brash but I would say the experience is really outta this world. You could ask Mark Zuckerberg of his experience.

I'll be posting a step by step process of preparing this wonderful dish

no photo
Sun 09/21/14 02:01 PM
Nah...it actually helps improve the taste

no photo
Wed 09/17/14 11:59 PM
I had to cut my cravings to just fruits when I discovered I was adding up too much weight fro junk food. Give me a water melon and pineapple anyday. Your body will thank you for it.

no photo
Wed 09/17/14 11:55 PM
My favourite fish to grill is catfish. It is flat and has a wide surface area to work with. The skin has this moderate firmness that ensures that the fish will be cooked quickly and the fish will not disintegrate on you. The story is different if you are using skinned catfish. You can use any other fish.

Ingredients for Grilled catfish
The main ingredient you need is the fish itself, in this case catfish. Feel free to use your favourite seasoning, spices and herbs. For instance, I used parsley but you can replace that with rosemary, basil, Nigerian scent Leaves or Nigerian curry leaves. If you don't like garlic, use onions instead and so on. You can even add Ogiri to your marinade if it catches your fancy. lol

Main ingredient:
2 medium cat Fish
For the marinade:
These are my favourite spices and herbs for fish. You can try these and let me know if you like the mix.
4 small stock cubes
10 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 Habanero pepper
10 Parsley leaves
Salt (to taste)
Others:
2 very sweet oranges
1 big onion
Barbecue sauce

Before you grill the fish:
Prepare the ingredients
Peel the garlic cloves and pick the parsley.
Pound the garlic cloves with the habanero pepper and parsley using a mortar and pestle or any other kitchen tool/gadget that lets you grind/blend ingredients without adding water.
Crush the stock cubes.
Cut the oranges into wedges. The 2 oranges give 16 wedges.
Cut the onion into thin slices.
Scale the fish and remove the intestines and gills by gently opening the opercle (gill cover) and removing everything from there. Do not cut open the side of the fish to remove these. That way, you have a pocket to hold the stuffing rather that an open side that can't hold anything. Where I live, the fish mongers do this for me upon request.
When done, rinse the fish very well with clean water and set aside.

Prepare the marinade
Pour the vegetable oil into a bowl.
Add the ground garlic, parsley and habanero pepper. Add the crushed stock cubes, black pepper and salt. Mix very well and set aside.
Marinate and Refrigerate
Dry the water from the fish using a kitchen paper towel.
Make deep slant cuts on both sides (the flat sides) of the fish. I usually cut till my knife touches the bone.
Stuff about 3 orange wedges into the gill space.
Scoop the marinade into the cuts made in step 2 making sure to get as much marinade into the cuts as possible. Put some into the gill pockets too.
Transfer the fish to a wide enough aluminium foil sheet.
Squeeze some orange juice (from the wedges) on the fish and add the remaining orange wedges and the sliced onions onto the fish. If you are preparing more than 1 fish, remember to reserve some of the ingredients for the other fish.
Place another sheet of aluminium foil on the fish and fold the 2 sheets around the fish to make an envelope.
Place the envelope(s) in the fridge for about 1 hour to marinate.
Grill and Enjoy!
After 1 hour, set your oven to 200�C / 400F to preheat for 10 minutes.
Put the fish envelope on the oven rack and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the top foil sheets and rub the barbecue sauce on the fish.
Set the oven to grill (broil) and grill for 10 minutes.
If you will serve the fish with Fruit Skewers, put them in the oven to heat up and char for a bit.

no photo
Fri 11/01/13 03:40 AM
Thanks dear

no photo
Fri 11/01/13 12:10 AM
1st November

That's my birthday ...now you can send your gifts and well wishes....lol

no photo
Tue 10/15/13 04:09 AM
SPAGHETTI SURPRISE

Raise your hand if you think that cooking spaghetti and eating it with the good old beef/chicken stew is oh-so-boring. I think so too. That's why I bring to you the Spaghetti Surprise recipe.
This recipe is prepared with the ingredients you see in Nigerian markets and in food stores all over the world. There's even a bag of frozen vegetables (shown in the video) that I use to prepare this recipe in no time. So there is no reason why you should not prepare this recipe today, right now. Go ahead, give it a try and you will be deliciously surprised.

Ingredients for Spaghetti Surprise
• Spaghetti: The quantity you can wrap between your thumb and index finger.
• Beef: 5-6 normal cuts
• Vegetables: 500g
o Cabbage
o Green Pepper
o Carrots
o Green peas
o Green beans
• Tomato Stew: 600 mls or 20 fl. oz.
• Pepper and salt (to taste)
• Onions: 1 medium bulb
• Seasoning – 2-3 stock cubes cubes & Thyme (1 teaspoon)

Before you cook the Nigerian Spaghetti Surprise
1. Make some Tomato Stew if you do not have any.
2. Break the spaghetti into short pieces. I usually break one strand of spaghetti into three pieces. Please if you have any Italian friends, don't let them see you breaking up spaghetti! LOL
3. Cut the beef into small pieces. It is best to buy the part of beef that has streaks of fat in it. This greatly improves the taste of this recipe.
4. Wash and cut the cabbage, green pepper and green beans into small pieces. Also wash, scrape and cut the carrots into tiny pieces. Cut the onions into small pieces and remove the green peas from the pods. If you will use tinned green peas, simply drain the preservation water and rinse with some fresh water.

Cooking Directions
1. Cook the beef with the onions, thyme and stock cubes (Maggi or Knorr).
2. While the meat is cooking, start cooking the spaghetti in a generous amount of water.
3. When the beef is done, add the Tomato Stew. Add the vegetables, salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. When the spaghetti is done to your personal preference, drain the water and pour the mixture of beef stock and tomato stew you prepared earlier into the pot of spaghetti. Stir well, cover and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
5. The Spaghetti Surprise is ready to be served.

The Spaghetti Surprise is perfect when eaten on its own but feel free to eat this dish with Fried Plantain.

Tips for Cooking Spaghetti
Spaghetti should be cooked with a very big pot. That is to say, the pot should contain the spaghetti and still have plenty of unused volume.
Spaghetti should also be cooked in plenty of water. The quantity of water should be at least double the quantity of the spaghetti.
To cook spaghetti, first of all, boil water; add a few spoons of vegetable oil to the boiling water and add the spaghetti. Stir the contents very well and cover the pot. With some spaghetti, you need to stir till the water starts to boil again before covering the pot.
The large amount of water, the boiling water and the vegetable oil altogether prevent the spaghetti strands from sticking together while cooking.

no photo
Tue 10/15/13 03:04 AM
Roasted Whole Chicken makes a nice treat any day and on every occasion but the
fear of messing it up keeps a lot of people from preparing this yummy recipe.
How to Make Roasted Whole Chicken [Video]
The most important thing you need to do when roasting whole chicken is to make
sure that the chicken is thoroughly seasoned. There are many types of seasonings
and vegetables you can use for your roasted chicken and there a many ways to go
about it but the method detailed on this page is how my Mum does it!
Ingredients
Main ingredient
1 whole chicken
Seasoning for the body of the chicken
1 big stock cube
1 teaspoon dry ground cayenne pepper (or ground black pepper)
� teaspoon ground ehu seeds or Calabash Nutmeg (optional)
Stuffing
1 cigar cup or 180g long grain parboiled rice
Vegetables
1 Carrot
1 handful green peas (or green beans)
Seasoning
1 medium onion
1 big stock cube
2 teaspoons curry powder (no chilli)
1 teaspoon thyme
Salt to taste
Side Dish: Roasted Potatoes
6 medium Irish potatoes
Leftover seasoning from that of the chicken
1 teaspoon thyme.
Salt to taste
More information about the Roasted Whole Chicken ingredients
The chicken
I use rooster or cockerel which is the male chicken because it is softer and cooks
quicker than hen, the female chicken. Even though hen is tastier, it will take much
longer to get done if you use it for this recipe.
Seasoning for the body of the chicken
I only add ground ehu seeds to give the chicken a sort of barbacue/peppersoup
flavour.
Feel free to use other seasonings you like.
Stuffing
You can experiment with other herbs, seasonings and vegetables. It is not
advisable to use soft vegetables because they will be overcooked by the time the
chicken is done.
Side dish
You can skip the potatoes and use only rice. Just parboil the quantity of rice that
will be enough for the stuffing and side dish. Cover the rice with aluminum foil so
that it will not be dry when done.
Before you roast the chicken
1. Prepare the blend of seasonings for the body of the chicken by mixing the dry
ground pepper, stock cube (crushed) and ground ehu seeds.
2. Scrape and cut the carrots into small cubes and cut the onion into small pieces.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges . You can leave the skin on if you want.
Making the Roasted Whole Chicken: Step by Step
1. Prepare the stuffing.
Parboil the rice like you would parboil rice for Nigerian Jollof Rice. Rinse and put in
a sieve to drain. If you will be using only rice as your side dish, you will need to
parboil enough rice for this purpose.
Put it in a bowl, add the curry powder and mix well.
Add the diced carrots, green peas, diced onions, thyme, salt to taste and some
vegetable oil. Stir well and set aside.
2. Stuff the Chicken
Wash the chicken and dry with a towel.
Stuff the inside with the seasoned rice and vegetables. Do not over fill it because
remember that this rice is only parboiled and it will rise as it cooks.
When done, tie the legs of the chicken. This helps the chicken maintain a more
presentable shape. You don't want it sagging and all over the place.
Set your oven to 180�C (350�F) to preheat.
Rub some vegetable oil on the chicken, sprinkle the blend of seasonings we
prepared earlier and rub it all over the body of the chicken.
Make sure the chicken's wings are tucked away under the chicken or into the
string you used to tie up the chicken.
3. Prepare the side dish
If you want to use only rice as your side dish, then you should have prepared
enough in step 1.
If using potatoes, place the wedges in a bowl, add the remaining seasoing from
the one you rubbed on the body of the chicken, add thyme, salt to taste and some
vegetable oil.
Toss to evenly distribute the seasonings and set aside.
4. Arrange, then roast
Dish the remaining rice from the stuffing into an oven tray leaving some space at
the centre for the chicken.
Place the chicken at the center.
Add the seasoned potatoes around the chicken and place in the preheated oven
and bake for one and a half hours.
The chicken is done when it is golden, the rice inside the chicken is well done and
a cut into the chicken thigh shows a white flesh with some succulent juice.
If the skin is pinkish or even red, the chicken is not done.
That's it! It's not that hard afterall, is it? Serve portions of the chicken with the rice
and roasted potatoes.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12