Community > Posts By > notbeold

notbeold's photo
Sun 07/05/20 02:32 AM
Just re dye it, or hang it up and spray over with black fake hair, or flat black paint.

Old car detailer's trick, old worn discoloured car floor mats get spray painted.

OR re wash it, but put a fine filter over the pumping out hose, going back into the machine, running the whole time, filtering out more fluff than the filter supplied in the machine. The arm of a windcheater works well as a big filter.

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 05:39 PM
Medical face mask, rubber gloves, and Chanel No. 5

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 05:27 PM
Yes I believe in fluff at first site.

On another topic, there are 'pill shavers', or 'ball shavers', (not that sort).
Like a razor blade on wheels, in a collection box, that you skim over clothing to slice off the pilling. Easier, but still a pain to do.

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 07:25 AM
Hot Red curry king prawns, veges and rice.
I tell them whatever their hottest is, double it.
The chefs suffer. But ouchy yum.

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 07:18 AM
Glands and grommets

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 04:20 AM
When you, and I were 20, we read info from books, which were either fiction, or non-fiction. Sometimes they got a little mixed up, but you usually knew if it was B.S. or factual. And the real books have references and/or bibliography to check, not just statements with no provenance or foundation in fact.

On the internet, even sites with references can be bogus, and how would you know anyway ?
Take it all with a pinch of salt.
But the nasty things like viruses, ransomware, and identity theft are real.

20 year olds today have been so dumbed down that without the internet at their disposal they would be completely lost as to how to do anything.
Some can't tie shoe laces, read a clock dial, or even read write and speak coherently.

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 03:34 AM
The cabin will be a lightweight conserntina plastic/fabric fold away setup I think, with a clear plastic windscreen, and sailing controls coming inside, so I can stay inside in bad weather on small sails.

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 03:14 AM
A bit more than 4 months to summer, but I plan to use it sooner than that.
I've got room for a passenger.
Got another rig and sail to sort out before then, so can sail like a skiff, on trapeze; and still have to make a cabin; heaps to do yet.

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 02:56 AM
Got in a few hours working on my boat this afternoon after the rain, and doing the washing.
Invented and made some stainless steel brackets to hold a spar out of the way against the boom when not in use, in case of high winds. So now I can use full sails, and then heave to for a quick rig change and storm sails, and not have a gaff dangerously in the way. Then in light winds, go back to full sails without stopping for long, going back to land, or having awkward dramas, (well less anyway).
It's middle of winter here now, and just itching to get on the water for shakedowns and stress testing before summer fun.

notbeold's photo
Sat 07/04/20 02:22 AM
'snot a bad joke.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 08:11 PM
You are doing it.
Get out there and find something to enjoy and have some fun.
What did you like doing before 20 years ago ?
Start doing new things and see what you like.
Do your kids' friends have nice mothers ?
You might even find a human right here.
Try in the forums to find a kindred soul.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 08:01 PM
Excalibur Sword "reproduction".

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 04:24 PM
Alligator skin seat covers.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 07:23 AM
I like some General Electric equipment; general stores have good variety; some General Motors stuff; and generally am on general alert for general panic. General Sanders ? No ?
I'll chat about major things too; major Tom; major Geeks; major pains, etc.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 06:54 AM
If you go to the west again, head south from Perth, and there are great spots as you go down south to Esperance, and a little bit further with a 4x4.

I'd like to hit Jeffery's Beach in South Africa I think it is, where in the right conditions you can ride one well shaped wave along a beach break for a mile or more.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 04:16 AM
"victims " LOL

W 16 engine out of a Veyron under the hood.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 04:04 AM
Australia has some famous ones: Bells Beach in the east, Margaret River in the west, Cactus Beach in the mid south; and hundreds or even thousands of un famous ones all around the country except for the north. Up there = no waves, deadly salt water crocodiles, deadly jellyfish, deadly fish, and sea snakes, yes deadly.

Where I live in a gulf of South Australia, where it is relatively safe, there are few days that pump, but when it does it's either a glassy swell with a north easterly wind holding it up, or a stormy with huge unpredictable breakers out the back, and washing machine water in from there. Now, winter, is stormy time.
Cactus Beach (my favourite) is hard to get to - a very long drive, but has 3 good breaks and a crazy one needing a boat, with waves coming in directly off the Great Southern Ocean; cold and sometimes huge, and sometimes sharks. Had the best ride of my life there, deep in the green room, going fast with the fins singing (thruster with adjustable centre fin), over glassy water, looking across at Castles and Caves (other 2 breaks), also breaking perfectly.

Competition for waves at breaks here is fierce if not a local, but pretty girls usually get VIP treatment, so you will get waves.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 03:19 AM
Pine cone ??

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 03:13 AM
Have a long deep and meaningful conversation, and find out who she really is.

notbeold's photo
Fri 07/03/20 02:34 AM
Unbelievably huge speakers and fold out HD TVs with surround sound and disco lights. And metallic red duco.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25