Community > Posts By > Jaan Doh

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sun 02/04/24 02:59 AM
I'm thinking there's lots of members I'd like to know about, but refrain from asking 100 questions, in case they find it intrusive

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sun 02/04/24 02:55 AM
I had to leave high school in my final year, because of parents divorcing each other, and moved to another county with different exam boards, so only came out with basic English and Maths qualifications...

Our headmaster at the old school used to play football professionally for Manchester United so that was quite inspirational, although I didn't get any awards or anything...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sun 02/04/24 02:50 AM

I joined some years ago. Left because all I was getting messages from were bots.

Came back yesterday... the experience is repeating.

I joined recently, upgraded to mingles2 (bad move) I'm just about hanging on here as I've a month or so membership left.
I will not be paying again!
its not impatience for me, its all the scammers asking for cash, they try various ways.

I'll come and visit you but send the taxi fare
my phones damaged please send money for a new phone or I won't be able to talk with you anymore.

etc

whats the point?

Hi Kevin, yeah I hear you, with the excuses the scammers and/or fakes put out... It might make you laugh to know I believed all that bull crap the first time I came across it :scream:...

I actually sent money and went to the airport with flowers :bouquet: :joy:...

Naturally, she was a no show... And it took hours before I realised I'd been scammed, I was young and stupid then... Now I'm just old and half stupid :joy:🤣

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sun 02/04/24 02:46 AM

I believe the question was serious. then it degrades into jokes. i see that a lot as I look at forums. there is a time and place for jokes. maybe start a joke topic, but original poster was serious.

Hi BirdWatcher, thank you pointing out the degradation, but for me it's quite fine, I don't mind a little humour as long as it doesn't become personal or offensive to other members...

I like photo of the gecko too,

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sun 02/04/24 02:42 AM

Many people have more than one venue to meet a date or spouse. I have met Inperson several men elsewhere.

I very much liked the fact that Mingle tends to delete your data when you leave...

Unlike other sites that say they will hold onto your data in case you change you're mind (that's just BS since data is probably the most valuable commodity that can be resold over and over again)...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/03/24 03:28 AM
I like all of the one's you mentioned and would add (for actors) Sidney poiter (don't know if that's how you spell his last name)

And I would add Diana Ross, soul 2 soul, Bob marley, Barry white to your list of singers (to add only a few, because there's so so many!)

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/03/24 12:43 AM

I would introduce myself to them and ask them their name, where they are from, genotype and blood

I introduce myself, ask their name and where they live....

I'm not into long distance relationships, I think it's a waste of time..

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/03/24 12:38 AM
I see over 300 pages of who's on line now, I'm in England uk...

If you guys are using the app then try using the website instead...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 11:32 AM
I liked Audrey Hepburn, Vin Diesel, Sophia Loren, the guy from north by northwest and rear window...

Also like the guy in the star wars movie, but feel he played his role better in Attack The Block...

There's several more I like such as Jet Li but the names skip me for now, my memory has got bad sectors in it :joy::joy:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 11:21 AM
As Mr Mortman pointed out, you're not using your HEADLINE, it shows with your photo, you could change it to something like "Hi, young athlete seeks similar" or something more than just the default Hi...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 11:18 AM
Yeah, there's nothing about the type of guy you're hoping to meet..

A bad boy?
A mummy's boy? :joy:
Someone educated?
Someone hard working?
Etc...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 11:15 AM

The text feels choppy, sentences too long, too many weird things in them like overusing & and bt. Does the "u" on your keyboard not work or is it too tiring to simply type 'but'?
Not having a go, but if you want to sell yourself you need an easy read.
Also not clear why you keep typing ';'?

In short: rewrite it and make sure to use proper punctuation and dump the chat lingo (& and bt) and ;

Also, try to give it a positive feel. As it is you come across as insecure and needing a woman to buoy you up so you can feel good.
Few women will feel attracted to that.

Then add what kind of relationship and partner you'd like to find.

Were you ever a school teacher Ms Crystal?
I'm just being nosey :joy:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 11:10 AM

It's always hard saying what you want when virtually we all want the same thing.. I think getting to meet a genuine person who's intentional about what they want is still the deal. happythinking:

Yeah and meeting someone in person / in the flesh also shows your body language, which you can't see unless you're doing a video chat msybe...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 10:58 AM
Gosh... So many replies...

So many sensible and funny ones :joy:...

Maybe there's hope for a good waffle and making new friends yet!?

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 10:55 AM

It was Trivia Persuite and Monopoly for me & co., with the occasional charades during rainy arvo's. But we were mostly out and about on our bikes or jumping on the trampoline:smirk:

I liked Cluedo, Monopoly (long business) and Scrabble too... Mostly played with siblings or friends, when visiting friends and catching up while playing...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 10:52 AM

I remember learning the card game Hearts and I was starting to get good. I liked that game.

Looks a lot like trumps (I Googled Hearts card game) ...

If you like the game, maybe you should continue playing?...

I see it's available free to play online?

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 10:47 AM

I have a huge amount of board games...and no one in my family plays. Kinda in the process of trying to sell most of them but I'm in a small town with no car.

You should / could sell them on ebay...

Original old games can be worth a lot of money to collectors...

I'd research the selling prices first though, naturally...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/02/24 10:45 AM

I would introduce myself to them and ask them their name, where they are from, genotype and blood

I introduce myself, ask their name and where they live....

Jaan Doh 's photo
Mon 01/29/24 12:25 PM
Why do so many people join Mingle then leave?

What do you think we could improve as a community?

Jaan Doh 's photo
Mon 01/29/24 12:05 PM
:joy:🤣🤣

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25