for daring to not 'have a job',,,, it doesn't
change the fact that people have to be the
BEST candidate,, and whether they aren't
because someone else applying has more
impressive credentials or because they have
a record,, doesn't change the fact that
'having a job' isn't something that is solely
under the control of those seeking work,,
Well....there is that whole "not committing crimes so you have no record" thing......AND the whole "exercising some personal initiative and improving your education and skill set" thing so your own credentials improve.
Those two things ARE under control of "those seeking work'.

good grief!!!

no kidding, but even then it takes some TIME , during which those are still UNEMPLOYED and not able to just 'get a job' despite whether they want one or not

it can be hard to find work Harmony, but there is work. The only people who really have an excuse to be chronically unemployed are the legally disabled AND I don;t mind paying tax to help THEM.

No one is being realistic if they are waiting around for the ideal job. It is also not realistic to expect the chronically unemployed to be officers unless they are trained and have clean back grounds. Someone who can't work because they don't have ID needs to go back to their country and enter legally or get a work permit. Even non drivers can get a state ID for a nominal fee.

We all know what happens. The states are paying some of these folk too much because unemployment is paying more or close to what they'd earn if they worked....so they rent a 2-3 bedroom place, split the rent and live off their checks and maybe some drug money. (I'm not stupid). This would be OK as far as I am concerned EXCEPT that I am paying for it....no it is being EXTORTED from me in the form of taxes that are SO high I can barely afford them myself. And the drugs are illegal ... so the chance of these types of individuals being police? It's not realistic.

I was in that position once where my unemployment was equal to what I earned at a new job (after subtracting out mileage and a clothing allowance). But I took the job.

Certainly there are some who fit your profile of a good community cop. Those folk need go apply....no one is going to "find them a job"....if someone is not working their "job" is to go find one

Either some really do prefer unemployment or they are not keeping their appointments at the local job bank

no photo
Sat 06/06/15 09:09 AM

try as one may to keep disparaging people
Well....there is that whole "not committing crimes so you have no record" thing......AND the whole "exercising some personal initiative and improving your education and skill set" thing so your own credentials improve.
:thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 06/06/15 09:09 AM

try as one may to keep disparaging people
:thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 06/06/15 09:07 AM
absolutely goof...HBDflowerforyou :banana:

have a good one and make it great

no photo
Sat 06/06/15 09:06 AM

Women are equally eager as men to have a relationship but why don't they show the same enthusiasm to take the first guy they meet on online dating site?

men are not equally choosy?

Could be that men are just naturally hos (kidding):tongue: laugh

no photo
Sat 06/06/15 09:05 AM

So are you one of those people who tests out as many shopping carts as it takes in order to find one with four balanced wheels? You know....so you don't end up with the cart that goes "Clank, clank, clank. clunk, clunk, clunk" as you maneuver through the aisles? And once you have placed all your bags into your vehicle, do you leave the cart in a parking space? Or do you kindly take it to the shopping cart spot? Yes....the topic of shopping carts is more thought provoking than you thought. laugh

I am the one clanking with ear buds in I can't hear it anyway

but you might catch me cussing when I turn a corner lol

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 06:32 PM

methinks thou hast missed the pointeth. whoa

perhapseth , but that picture gives me headache so I find it hard to look at it and thinkethdrinker flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 06:24 PM

What if it's buy one get one free ohwell

that would be a threesome flowerforyou

not sure I'd invite him to my particular 3-some but help urself Dub lol

I might prescribe him some Ritalin tholaugh

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 06:13 PM

I dont get where you're going with this...

Apparently he won't be going out with about 99% of Mingle after this. laugh

well there might yet be a sloppy waitress in his future...laugh

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 06:11 PM

What if it's buy one get one free ohwell

that would be a threesome flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 06:08 PM

Germany to host G-7 summit, Obama to attend, 17,000 "police officers" for the alpine meeting
G-7 Summit: Huge Security Operation Around Castle Elmau, Germany
NBCNews.com - ‎1 hour ago‎

ELMAU, Germany - World leaders including President Barack Obama will be guarded by 17,000 police officers when they arrive high in the southern German Alps for two days of meetings at the G-7 summit this weekend.

a) 17,000 police officers? Are they expecting to need to repel an invasion?

b) Some in the E.U. think Chancellor Merkel wields too much power. Is Germany hosting this G-7 playing into that?

c) It's G-7, not G-8? Does that mean they're keeping Putin out? Punishing him for Crimea, and Ukraine?

d) What do you think the G-7 should concentrate on? If they discuss China, should the argue to more wary of China, due to things like the recent hack of the U.S. government's computer, obtaining personal information of as many as 4,000,000 U.S. government employees?

- or -

Should we do as Secretary Paulson recently suggested, and try to solidify a more constructive relationship with this emerging global power?

Germany and western europe have huge immigrant issues and recent violence of Islamist terrorists. The police alone may not be enough

Angela Merkel has not been powerful enough to say no to the Euro and open borders

They have every right to keep Russia O-U-T What happened in the Ukraine is certainly one justifiable reason (but IDK if they are keeping them out - just saying it is understandable if they do)

If they discuss China they should be wary of how much money the west owes them

just guesses here. I haven't read any good intell yet on the conference

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 05:58 PM

To miss the boat on love. And if so is it a feeling or a reality?

both I would imagine....your feelings ARE real :)

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 05:57 PM

a soul has instinct... follow it

"instinct" is a neural function

because that is so, I am inclined to attribute the 6th sense as a neural function also....jmho

no photo
Fri 06/05/15 04:53 PM

Scenario. It's You vs. Your Ex......would you choose to face him/her in.......

A. Cage Deathmatch with weapons galore (Chainsaw!)
B. Intellectual Battle Trivia- Loser must shave their head.
C. Lie Detector Trivia- Win the trivia challenge and the loser must take a lie detector test, revealing all the things you always wanted to know.
D. Your own creation. What would it be?

simply not interested

no photo
Thu 06/04/15 05:56 AM
it is a very odd phenomenon. I come from a small town, went to small schools up thru undergrad school. I never encountered this type of behavior until I moved away from home and was divorced years later. So it is either something accepted in the midwest, or times have changed.

no photo
Thu 06/04/15 05:52 AM

because you have to be over 18 to come on this site, so were women not 'girls', she means maybe?

yes this is what I mean

still I want to tell the OP that it is nice to hear something positive about females, and explain that in the USA not all grown women like to be referred to as girlsflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/04/15 05:48 AM

"Choosing a name was the hardest thing: Caitlyn Jenner"

surprised

Everyday, more of the same headline grabbing crap... I can find 4-5 of these useless articles daily, this is "real news sabotage" why does the media continue with it? Something ain't right here and it has nothing to do with dickless Jenner. :angry:

the media will print or film what that sells. It's a chicken or egg thing....the media definitely has their own agenda, but they have to have an audience to promote it and the feckless masses tune in and suck it up daily daily and more daily....

just stop people

I don;t really know much about any of this and could care less

People disagree, that it is NOT a matter of "what sells " , but an "agenda "
And if there are so many people who could care less... then WHY is it constantly being thrown at us.?

Since the release of the Vanity Fair pic... I have NOT even checked WORLD NEWS.. with REAL important events. (This is NOT normal for me & many others. But we are avoiding ALL REAL NEWS now).
The MEDIA is making Jenner dominate the news & is dictating to US. ( Us= world)

I agree Sas, but enough of it sells to make it worth their time. They do push an agenda but they also still have to make money.

Saying that one cares nothing about all of this while still tuning in daily is either self deception OR lack of awareness that one has other options. (I'd like to think the latter)

note: I know you do not tune in daily so that was a general reference not meaning you....or anyone in particular

no photo
Thu 06/04/15 05:44 AM

I thought this was about a sex change, now I understand it's about a chicken and egg, I'm confused ohwell

hush up and eat your breakfast laugh laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/04/15 05:42 AM
I didn't know that "girls" were permitted on the sitenoway

no photo
Thu 06/04/15 05:42 AM
I didn't know that "girls" were permitted on the sitenoway

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25