Community > Posts By > revolution

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 11:25 AM

Explain some more about the jaded feeling.

Why was christianity fun for you in the beginning

long story short my friend...going to church day and day out for 13 yrs can get boring(same old same old)...there are only so many things you can preach about....Its hard for me to even read my bible anymore(read it three times already lol).....not to mention Ive been hurt by christian but I expect that, doesnt mean it dont hurt:cry: sad ...

Im actually looking for a chruch as we speak, the one Im going to is not working for me, the word is great but the fellowship is exteremly boring......Its missing/or Im missing something I just dont no what it is........

I guess what made it fun in the begining was the joy of being renewd, building quality christian relationships and having a desire to really live the bible out....As time goes by life has a way of harding a person.....I wont go thru the entire list of crap Ive been thru but its been a hard 3 years.....I left my church,got divorced and had to start my entire life over again and thats the PG version lol........over all Im happy (about a 7 on the scale of life) Im just stinkin it up spritually and wanna get the heart I once had for GOD!!!!! Better is one day in his house then a thousand elsewherebigsmile

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 11:13 AM

Well actually you need some renewal. You aren't satisfied with routine things anymore & that's a good thing.

The Bible says Wake up O sleeper.

God is calling us to not be satisfied with our humdrum lives but TO something more. His kingdom come in all its fullness. We should not be satisfied with anything less.

It's time to desire that to the point of crying out for that something more. The time of passivity & indifference is over.

Hmmmmm I never thought of it that way...thanks:smile:

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 11:12 AM

Ive been a christian for about 13 years now...Ive felt strong for years but as of late Ive been feeling a little jaded for a while now....I dont know if this is a phase or has the milk and honey ran out....Its just not fun anymore and Im tired of denying myself at times, not that Im givin up(never that) but Im struggle pretty bad......any advice for me out there?

The committment of Christ to you is not in question.

He lets us walk towards our attentions but never leaves us.

The dryness can be because of a lack of nurture.

love, love, and love, sister.love

love on the Lord a little.

Joy springs up and rejoicing follows.

The pressures of those that have not our anchor can be distracting and seem endlessly insufferable, but we have so much more and are blessed to know that.

The Lord inhabits the praises of his people.(psalms 22:3)

Sound familiar?bigsmile

peace and love and grace to you.

flowerforyou :heart: bigsmile
thanks you so much for a encouraging word sister...peace and much love to youdrinker

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 11:11 AM

Funny, your profile doesn't mention your 13 year christian lifestyle.
If you're not feeling the joy of living the life prescribed in the bible, then what, you're being lured by the redefinition of fun as published by the 'other one'.
The christian in you (13 yrs correct?)knows you are simply being tested and knows what it needs to resist.

At a fork in the road, your answer is simple.

Make a decision. Which way do you turn.

To your faith? Then return to the ones responsible for your guidance. Get the needed strength to resist the foolishness from HIM, Your religious leaders and fellowship mates.
Make HIM happy and you know your strength will reurn.

To you need for gratification? Then go to it. Indulge. surrender. enjoy(?). Make the other one happy and you know . . .

I dont feel like I need to broadcast my christian life style...If you know me you no my convictions and thats the important peace for me:wink:

thanks for the advice, trust and blieve I read the bible and have a some what of a understanding of Good vs Evil but at the end of the day, Im still human and I still struggle with sin as do most christians in the bible...its never a open and shut cast....ask moses,david,salamon and the like...have great dayflowerforyou

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 11:06 AM

I suggest Meth Amphetamines, or crack might work. Work your way to the bottom, and you will realize what a wonderful place you are in right now.
laugh laugh laugh laugh ......I'll pass:tongue:

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 11:06 AM

Ive been a christian for about 13 years now...Ive felt strong for years but as of late Ive been feeling a little jaded for a while now....I dont know if this is a phase or has the milk and honey ran out....Its just not fun anymore and Im tired of denying myself at times, not that Im givin up(never that) but Im struggle pretty bad......any advice for me out there?
why did you become a christain? and if you weren't a christain for all that time where would you be now. alone i'm lost with my savior i'm hopeful.bigsmile
I would be a mess, great perspectiveflowerforyou

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 11:04 AM

flowerforyou It's always a struggle. That's how you grow,!!!!!! flowerforyou
definitely understand that but Im tired of it lol

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 09:27 AM

no photo
Sun 06/01/08 09:14 AM
Alicia Keys: Sure feels good to me

Life is cheap, bittersweet
But it taste good to me
Take my turn, crash and burn
That's how it's supposed to be

So don’t rain on my parade
Life’s too short to waste one day
I’m gonna risk it all, the freedom to fall
Yes it sure looks good to me

Time passed by and leaves you behind
Take it naturslly
Heaven knows (OH) There’s so much more
More than what we see

(HEY) Sure looks good to me

Ooh, ooh, oooo, ooohh
Yea, yea, yeaaaa

Ooh, ooh, oooo, ooohh
Yea, yea, yeaaaa

Deep in my mind Im secure we can buy
I wanna see the light before I die or I lie in an empty space,
The darkness comes and I’ve been telling my soul
And me and myself we turn around, we’re getting old,

But the lightning crashing, foolish emotions
From the bruises and the beauty in this moment that we’re feeling,
And I feel like I’m seeing the world inside of me
But I can tell you that I know, it's getting easier to breathe,

There’s a cold in the morning, endless equation
Of who’ve we've become, it’s a complex situation

So live, love, life give love
Live, love, life, give love
Live, love, life, give love
It's who are we anyway

(HEY) It sure looks good to me
(I’m telling you) Sure looks good to me
(YEA) Sure looks good to meeee

Meee, yeaaa
Looks good to me, whoo, yea, yea, yeaaa

no photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:07 PM

I was tuning my guitar today and the first string popped the white knob that holds the string came out a little bit, I pushed it back in. It doesn't seem that anything broke, but does that sound normal or ok?

I've never had a guitat before, and I don't know if you can break it by over tuning it or anything.
Have you tried tuning it up? thats a startflowerforyou
?

no photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:36 PM
If I feel I need to do that, I wouldnt be in a relationshipbigsmile

no photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:35 PM
yeah this is good stuff...Im going for the lakers if it comes down to it....

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 07:52 PM

woooooooooow my friends, there, there was and there will be big bands in the States, nobody would doubt ... but who doubts that the 3 bands that most shocked the people and were criticized Kiss The Doors t Guns'n'Roses ????... Which is best for you?drinker drinker drinker drinker
I like Guns way better then the doors...Jim was awesome!!! but on the other hand he was to over the top for me at times(I think the LSD was gettin to him lol).just my thoughtssmokin

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 07:49 PM

yo fantasia is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!!!!!! did yall see simones face laugh laugh laugh laugh

what was that the background singers sang more than she did

I know right, I wish they could of judged her performance lol...simone would of had a field day

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:58 PM
big ups to seyeisha!!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:46 PM
nobodys mention Bon Jovi...I think they kick butt back in the 80's...they made quite a few classic and still continue to make good music:smile:

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:41 PM
hiflowerforyou

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:39 PM

god of rock would have to be Ozzy
dam how could we forget OZZY!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy is a Brit.

I vote Kiss, Van Halen or Motley Crue.

It's probably Guns 'N Roses or Nirvana though.
this is to hard lol will I be graded at the end of the thread bigsmile

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:34 PM

god of rock would have to be Ozzy
dam how could we forget OZZY!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:31 PM
Edited by revolution on Wed 05/14/08 06:32 PM
zep,guns,acdc,janis,hendrixs,heart...now that was some good music...nothing like todaygrumble grumble

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 23 24