Community > Posts By > revolution

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 09:27 PM
hmmmm the same thing is going on with my computer to...you sure its not the site?

no photo
Mon 05/04/09 11:59 AM
been to most places Ive dreamed of but one day I would love to take a trip around the world.... Im thinking a retirement gift to myself:banana: :banana: :banana.......their actaully not that expensive been lookin into it a little.....

no photo
Sat 04/25/09 09:31 PM
I havent seen it but I heard it was pretty good!

no photo
Tue 04/21/09 08:13 PM

The heart is very misleading
I concur....it will jack you up most of the time

no photo
Fri 04/17/09 09:27 AM
thanks so much for all the advice guys...I will let yall know how it turns out.....I love the idea about craigs list....never thought of that....be blessed!

revo

no photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:13 PM

Standard concrete patio slab, would be 4 inches thick.
How much site preparation is necc.?
Is it on shifting soil & thus needs a type of footing or some post hole supports, to help prevent shifting, cracking & thus a shorter life for the concrete.

Personally I think you should get 5-6 bids. Talk to all biders & ask what they would do at their house; what will last the longest with the least amount of cost. I would also bet you know someone, that knows someone in construction, get their opinion of the bids & the project.

I did a 16 x 20 concrete slab, last year. Put 12, 3 ft. deep post holes filled with concrete, at time of pouring, to support it; as it is on shifting soil. We used "fiber concrete" due to it's added strength & didn't want to use reinforcement wire mesh. Be sure to have the installer, "strike" the slab into 4 sections, so that if it does crack, it should crack in the strikes.

"striking" is the lines made into the concrete, while it is wet.

Edit: To tell if the size is big enough, take 4 coat hangers or markers of some type; mark the cornors & put what you want on the slab, inside the marks. arrange how you will & see if YOU are happy.
Will cost much less to bigger NOW; rather than later.
If you have a good installer, this is a standard action.

Hope all this helps, please feel free to contact me direct if you feel I might help further.
thanksflowerforyou I'll definitely send you a email...I have a few more questions...I feel I work hard and I dont want to get rip off, so Im trying to get as much info as I can before I hirer someone.....

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 11:02 PM
is there any one else that can help me out with some advice here lol

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 03:28 PM

How deep is the patio because to do a good estimate you need to know the volume of concrete that you are being qouted. its not a bad price but a little online research and you can find out what kinda of profit you are allowing him to make off you.
Im thinking standard..isnt it something like 4 feet...not quite sure I'll have to ask him

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 03:01 PM

Do you mean 16 feet by 16 feet? Cause you put 16 x 16 inches flowerforyou

No she didn't it says foot.
I edit it dear, thanks for having my back tho lol...peace and love.

Revo

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 02:39 PM

laugh laugh laugh

Good, cause that size would definitely NOT be big enough for tables and a grill bigsmile
blushing rofl rofl rofl your sure right about that...it made for a good afternoon laugh to say the leastbigsmile

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 02:30 PM

Do you mean 16 feet by 16 feet? Cause you put 16 x 16 inches flowerforyou
yes thanks for the head up lol :smile:

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 02:10 PM
Edited by revolution on Wed 04/15/09 02:38 PM
Im having someone build me a concrete patio in my back yard..I got a couple of estimate and the one I think Im going to go with wants to charge me 1,800 for a 16 X 16 foot patio...my first question is...do you guys think thats a good price? my second question is do you think a 16x 16 foot patio is big enough for a table of 4 and a grill? thanks in advanceflowerforyou

no photo
Tue 04/14/09 06:18 PM
nope I want him to know exactly what he getting his self into lol

no photo
Tue 04/14/09 06:12 PM
sorry, I just dont understand threads like these..fine if God doesnt exsist okay to those who think that...why is it up for discussion.......I cant see myself writing a thread about does the easter bunny leave eggs at easter lol? Just my opinionbigsmile

no photo
Mon 03/30/09 10:39 AM

She doesn't snort cocaine. She just likes the way it smells! :tongue:
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 10:08 AM
elaborate lives from the broadway show Aida...brought tears to my eyes.....

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 10:04 AM

I have a ocean side property in Nebraska to sell to ya also! What a crock! drinks Obama is only out for Obama!
Most politicians are out for themselvespitchfork ...why should it be different for Obama?????? this is not a new teaching lol....

no photo
Tue 03/17/09 08:25 PM
Im doing great! how you doin?

no photo
Sat 03/07/09 09:15 PM
I work out 2xs a week, full body work out...

no photo
Wed 03/04/09 09:43 AM
not for me......I like someone who is similar to myself...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24