Community > Posts By > Gator76

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 02:30 PM

day???? pfft...welcome to my life laugh I am just out of alcohollaugh

a woman after my own heart....gotta love ya...

if it wasn't for caffeine and nicotine....then the world would be in big trouble laugh

The world is in big trouble!rofl

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 02:13 PM
I don't have one...but no strong feeling one way or the other. Quality over quantity though...I've seen some I though were master works of art...and some that looked like my second-grade art projects!laugh Seems if you're going to get one...get a good one!

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 02:02 PM

I have nothing left to say that is remotely amusing.

Yeah, well...you can't argue with the truth!:smile:

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 01:38 PM

:heart: Is it okay to not be in love with anyone and just want to be alone for a long time?:heart:

Hmmm...."a long time"...Like my dog's definition of long time when she's at the window when I return from the grocery store? Or, like when I left high school and returned for the 4oth reunion? :wink:

When you're not in love...you tend to say it's ok...watcha gonna do monkey? :smile:

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 01:30 PM

Love is like diarrhea. It comes on all strong and you feel it physically, and then when it comes out it's like a relief but still hurts a bit. You have to clean it up a lot, and you never know if it's gone or hanging around after the initial wave passes. Medication rarely if ever helps ease the pain and discomfort, and nice plush accessories rarely make it better.

Emily Dickinson or Elizabeth Barrett Browning? laugh

True love is like nothing else you'll ever know!

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 01:21 PM
People who after five minutes finally get to the front of a line...let's say at a deli...or fast food place...and ONLY THEN begin to think about what they want to order. :wink:

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 12:18 PM
I live every day...until I die. I remember the millennium...a friend - otherwise intelligent fellow - withdrew $20,000 in cash from one of his accounts "just in case" things went horribly wrong with computers and banks, as some predicted. He put the cash in a spare bedroom overnight...his Jack Russell got in during the night and ATE about $4,000...turned his cash into confetti! laugh
So, I checked with him on this 1/12/2012 thing..."Do you believe it," I asked. "Not so much," he replied!
rofl rofl rofl rofl

Gator76's photo
Thu 11/12/09 08:12 AM

So, if you could have "amnesty" by admitting one thing that you did that was bad, evil, treacherous or awful (you get the idea) in a past relationship...could you admit it here? I said I'd stay with someone forever...but she changed...I changed...and I simply couldn't do it. So, I lied.

I wouldn't think that to be a lie...I'm sure you meant it when you said it.

Just like you Lady...understanding! And yes, at the time, I believed it myself. flowerforyou

QUOTE:

Interesting responses...honesty is a tough thing. So, lots of people never did something bad. Kinda like the line from Shawshank Redemption, "Everybody here is innocent!"

Not quite. Just isn't anybodys business...........

And this is true...but can be said about most things posted here...but respect your opinion and feelings! A sensitive topic for sure for most of us. :smile:

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 09:42 PM

cuz its just that easy right? i dunno just a little torn right now but thanks for the support i appreciate it

Oh, maybe it's not always easy...but being happy isn't all that hard!

And for me, there's nothing better than being with someone you love and knowing they love you.
Serendipitous. Better than being alone...but that's just me being honest. At the same time, I'd rather be alone (never lonely) than be with someone who's not special in my life. I won't settle...ever. Life is good!happy

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 09:32 PM

lonely??? i hate this feeling!

Fight against it, rail against it...with all your might. No reason to be lonely for more more than moments!
Think of good things, better times, people who matter...call someone, text someone, email someone...male or female...doesn't matter. Hell, you can even go to the Forums on Mingle! Chin up!flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 08:17 PM

No but i am at a relatively high risk of being kidnapped(due to my work) and have had to make my mobile phone traceable just in case.

rofl rofl rofl rofl
Yeah, the kidnappers never think about taking your mobile phone from you and throwing it far away!
rofl rofl rofl rofl

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 08:04 PM
Interesting responses...honesty is a tough thing. So, lots of people never did something bad. Kinda like the line from Shawshank Redemption, "Everybody here is innocent!" laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 07:40 PM

So, if you could have "amnesty" by admitting one thing that you did that was bad, evil, treacherous or awful (you get the idea) in a past relationship...could you admit it here? I said I'd stay with someone forever...but she changed...I changed...and I simply couldn't do it. So, I lied.

Is "amnesty" inclusive of forgiveness and a new start or is "amnesty" just an excuse to continue with the status quo? I.e, is there room in "amnesty" for truth or does one simply tell lies to get around forgiveness? Now I am curious.

If you're asking for you I don't now...everyone is different. I know for me. :wink:

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 04:43 PM

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 04:17 PM
You can tell a lot from looking in someone's eyes. That said, every year Oscars are awarded for great acting...and that's just convincing roles on the Silver Screen. Who among us hasn't been enthralled by an actor or actress in our relationships...only to find it was, indeed, someone playing a role? sad

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 04:08 PM
You and your mom are in my prayers! flowerforyou

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 03:27 PM

Actually, every day has been great. I might just be one of the luckiest, most blessed people I know!happy

Can you share?

Healthy, happy, successful by my definition...a new book advance...and re-connecting with someone special!:smile:

Sounds like you have life in the bag...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share your secrete with us all would you ?????

Brother, no secret...like to think its just that Karma thing working...decided some time ago to be positive...try to leave things better than I find them. Tolerance, and a passion for everything I do...or else, why do it?
I'm 59, feel half that...life is good!

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 03:19 PM

Actually, every day has been great. I might just be one of the luckiest, most blessed people I know!happy

Can you share?

Healthy, happy, successful by my definition...a new book advance...and re-connecting with someone special!:smile:

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 03:11 PM
Yes...four women. One my sister...but in certain states that's a relationship!laugh

Gator76's photo
Wed 11/11/09 02:02 PM
You can be in the same room with someone and have a long distance relationship that fails...or you can be a continent apart and have it work. How badly do the two want it? Trying to put definitions and rules on love and how and where it works is like herding cats...you can do it theoretically. But the practicality is beyond too much analysis...it is a matter of the :heart: