Community > Posts By > jazzydude2000

jazzydude2000's photo
Sat 12/26/15 11:45 PM
As long as it's chocolate from See's Candies go for it. The buttercream chocolates are the best. Better than Hershey's.

jazzydude2000's photo
Sat 12/26/15 11:41 PM
If you're standing in line at Starbucks and there is someone you like in front or behind you---and if you have a few extra bucks, buy their coffee. And just say you feel good. Maybe it will lead to conversation.

jazzydude2000's photo
Sat 12/26/15 11:36 PM
Her's another "NO" for you.

I was there before getting married to Chinese lady. Cultural differences exist. And when they don't agree, they collide and cause friction.

Don't do it.

jazzydude2000's photo
Tue 12/15/15 09:21 PM
Where is the source of the story? Is there something to verify this with?

jazzydude2000's photo
Fri 12/04/15 10:17 PM
Well, first off, I get the impression an attempt at humor is not seen as such. Geez.

Second, since I'm not into fake or plastic people that may wander on here and see who they can suck into something fake are not who I have an interest in. That is just in case someone does read my ad I want to be clear I have no tolerance for BS. Receiving the same e-mail address from 3 different people is not my style.

So I stand by my ad. I get people sending me mail who want marriage. I don't. Once was enough. And I've seen stronger ad's than mine.

So if someone is truly not into playing games and has a desire to know someone who has done some stuff in this world, they are more than welcome to drop a line or two.

Thanks for the suggestion of sending off to other websites for junk mail. I'll pass.

jazzydude2000's photo
Fri 12/04/15 02:38 AM
There is a Chinese philosophy which states:

If you are looking for something/somebody very important, you will not find it.

It has to find you.

The Chinese always seem to have an answer to everything-philosophically. Maybe it's something spiritual? what what what

jazzydude2000's photo
Fri 12/04/15 02:22 AM
I check my mail box on a regular basis, and I continually don't see mail from the female members. This is becoming quite disapointing and depressing.

The holiday blues are bad enough. How can I go on without mail to occupy my mind? I am doomed to suffer from NMS: No Mail Syndrome.

And I don't think there is a cure. I am so sad. sad2

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

jazzydude2000's photo
Wed 12/02/15 01:23 AM
I hate it when I'm late to post something. Geezzze.

But hello anyway.

jazzydude2000's photo
Mon 11/30/15 01:56 AM
If you not aware, there was volcanic activity in Oregon many, many, many years ago. All you have to do is go up near Bend just off Hwy.97 and you'll see an area with lave rock formations. I believe it's before you get into Bend, but it's been so long since I've lived there I can only generalize the location. It can also be off the McKenzie highway as you come out of Blue River. Pretty area. Miss it. BTW, GO DUCKS!

jazzydude2000's photo
Mon 11/30/15 01:44 AM
I'm sure this is one of those issues thats right on top of Hillary's platform and will fix it just as soon as she is elected. Of course, that will be after she sends more of our guys to Syria to fight the terrorists and have a bunch more come back either dead or damaged with PTSD.

Makes me sick that anyone is living on the streets. Only in America.

jazzydude2000's photo
Mon 11/30/15 01:29 AM
Though I'm from Oregon, and did live in Sacramento for awhile, I'm beginning to get comfortable here. It will be 2 years in February. But, there are some people who just seem to suffer from "boredom disease." I think I'm one of those people. Maybe I should get an examination to see if there is a cure. Who knows. And there are known unknowns. We know what the known knows are. Its the unknowns that are at issue.

I rest my case.

jazzydude2000's photo
Mon 11/30/15 01:09 AM
Edited by jazzydude2000 on Mon 11/30/15 01:11 AM
Two words describe my online experience off and on for the past several years (while I was living in this country): it sucks.

I know I'm not supposed to be negative, but I have yet to even get a coffee meeting.

I'll end it there or I'll go off in a diatribe about what I think. And if you're in New Mexico, say hi sometime.

jazzydude2000's photo
Sat 11/28/15 02:32 AM
Did the link work? What did you think?

jazzydude2000's photo
Sat 11/28/15 02:28 AM
I never quite understood where the term came from and when it started. I thought it was a bit derogatory. But what do I know.

jazzydude2000's photo
Fri 11/27/15 12:52 AM
Yup.

jazzydude2000's photo
Fri 11/27/15 12:50 AM
All I need is some Tylenol and some pepto. I ate too much then made a pig out of myself eating a lot of homemade fudge someone brought along. I can't help it. I'm a chocola-holic. Then there was some chocolate cake and that was good too. I may have overdosed on the choc.

jazzydude2000's photo
Fri 11/27/15 12:38 AM
Abso-Friggin-Loutely! As a matter of fact I find encouragement when I see videos like I saw the other night. I've never heard of killer Mike before, but I saw him absolutely fire up a crowd in Atlanta. He was telling it like it is. "Don't ever give up" (paraphrasing). It was at a rally by Bernie Sanders. Yes, I fight the good fight. But discouragement sets in every now and then. If you've never seen it, just Bing "killer mike-sanders" and it should come up. A very powerful message. And well done too. Many people need to see it. :banana:

jazzydude2000's photo
Wed 11/25/15 01:38 AM
Not to sound naive, but I have never heard of "speed dating" up until a few weeks ago. I think I ran across an ad that was promoting this company/organization which conducts these events. So I signed up. It was $50 but with a discount, it was only $30. I have not been on a date in 8 years (mainly because I was working in China for awhile), but also because I was not in an environment where I could at least put myself out there. I know that may seen odd but it's true. Eight years. Every since I had my accident 4 years ago, I have been on medication for severe anxiety. Doctor said it may never go away. I was so nervous I was breathing heavy. But a bit excited I could meet someone. It was a hopeful feeling. I calmed down.

Getting to the point, speed dating is 8 minutes at a table with female counterpart(women are seated before guys). No mingling prior to start. This is what I thought I would experience. But no. It's 8 min's at a table. When bell rings, you change tables. I cannot ask for phone number or email info. If female is interested, she writes my number on name tag, and gives it to organizer. When I found this out I was furious. Increased by my condition. I complained to organizer of this requesting I'm refunded my $30. She said she can't. After I made a big stink, she sent me an email offering to attend a event in Jan for free after I told her Consumers Affairs would be notified.

So now I'm going to go to this Jan event knowing what this is about. They say you are supposed to be yourself. But I have this thought in back of mind telling me I need to do something to get person across table to indicate she is interested. I had no calls or e-mails after first time. I just have a problem with this, yet I want to go to hope something good comes of it instead of hanging around the house. Okay, here it comes. Anxiety attack of what to do in 8 minutes. That's not enough time. Then I get mad. This is frustrating. I'm frustrated. What do I do in 8 minutes? Has anyone else been sucked into one of these things? I felt misled by the ad. So now I go free. And for last time. Feedback as to how to handle this hurried conversation session. Thinking about NOT having a normal interaction makes me mad. Your thoughts.

jazzydude2000's photo
Tue 11/24/15 12:23 AM
Something is telling me I'm right in my assumption of "filling a gap." Though I'm not one of those pests you see at a bar or something. "Can I buy you a drink?" "Do you want to dance?" As for wrong people is concerned, my radar is always on alert to someone who is scamming me for something, or has body language or verbal cues that warm of a possible fake or insincere person. In other words, I don't trust people as I used to.

As for "being happy" I am fighting with a medical issue (which I will not mention here) that makes some days for me miserable. Medication helps but not totally. Hard to discuss here. I think what I should have posted is trying too hard, or not trying hard enough? I do keep "looking" options open to a place like this, or something related as means of connecting with someone.

As far as trying to find someone "just for the holidays" I am not doing that. I just mentioned holidays because they are notoriously depressing. It WOULD be nice if I didn't have to spend the holidays alone. Just wishing.

jazzydude2000's photo
Sun 11/22/15 10:29 PM
Are we supposed to let things happen? Translated: in my case, a female companion. So are people supposed to look for a companion, or do we just sit back and wait for something unexpected?

I'm torn between these two questions. Made a few social attempts in daily activities, but it seems useless since other people are busy doing something. First thought (which was several weeks ago) was to look and try to be outgoing.

But it doesn't work for shy people. And with the holiday's here and no opportunity to spend time with one person, I've stocked up on my supply of anti-depressants for the holiday season. The pharmaceutical companies must be very happy.

So which is it: look or not to look? I'll refrain from Shakespeare to spare you the agony. Thank you.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7