Community > Posts By > Kevin

Kevin's photo
Wed 10/13/21 04:17 AM
Okay, noted :smile:

Welcome to M2 & all the best :thumbsup:

Kevin's photo
Wed 10/13/21 12:15 AM
@Aryan: Okay, shoot, I am listening, we are listening! But please make it comprehensible and interesting :thumbsup:

Kevin's photo
Tue 10/12/21 11:57 PM
Wotta spectrum of views on this thread! Proves that age is NOT just a number, eh? The rawness of youth or the ripeness of age attract each other? WoW!!!!

Kevin's photo
Tue 10/12/21 09:19 PM

You are lucky not to know who Gabby is.

LOLZ I'm kinda dumb! Please tell me @Catinidaho :smile:

Kevin's photo
Tue 10/12/21 09:17 PM
@Bastet127: I do follow AP & Reuters to cross check certain news, periodically! Sadly, I cannot do that on a regular basis! Yes, they seem authentic but, the dis belief has reached levels where I have to again do fact checks!
The CNN & FOX divide is now so well known that they have become more of "tabloids" than news! They are entitled to their views, but that shouldn't encroach into the "news hours".

Kevin's photo
Tue 10/12/21 09:07 PM
@Bart: You have made a very vital point. News about incidents, policies that effect us in our everyday life is missing! Where do we go for that? And why should we pay up - directly and/or indirectly for such "fiction"?

Kevin's photo
Tue 10/12/21 08:44 PM
@Mr Cuddle buddy: Hi, no I am not in the US now! I have stated facts from India! I so follow US news very closely though, and yes, as you have rightly mentioned the situation is terribly similar!
You have raised another very significant point, that of knowing the other party's views! Yes, that's wot a democracy is about, that's wot federalism is about. However, corporate funding of the media and also the parties, cares only two hoots for it (federalism, democracy)!

Kevin's photo
Tue 10/12/21 08:35 PM
@Smartazzjohn: It is indeed a sad picture, isn't it? It's okay for the reporters, to be supporters, but let them be reporters when they are on the job. This is bare minimum work ethics. Now, in such a scenario, where do the people get the facts from? We are paying for it, ain't we?

Kevin's photo
Mon 10/11/21 09:35 PM
What is the state of mainstream media in your country? Does the conventional (press & radio/television) media live up to your expectations in your part of the world?

In our part of the world, we have noticed a steep decline in the standard of reporting over the past 6 to 7 years! Articles have become more of "views" than news. We have also seen the advent of "fake news", which when "fact checked" gets exposed! More often, than not, such articles are driven by an agenda which always hurts the interests of the common citizen.

Though this has been too desperate since the last 6-7 years, I will say that this trend took off much earlier when mainstream media houses became dependent on corporate finance. News was hijacked by non issues and the "make-believe"! Corporate funding of the media also plays an ulterior motive of arm twisting the lawmakers and thereby running the show.
This is summarily the state of affairs here! How is it in your part of the world?

Kevin's photo
Sun 10/10/21 08:11 PM
Hi @Joshua, welcome to M2.

Please use the "About me" section to write about yourself and the kinda person you are lookin' for. As of now, it is a repetition of your "Interests".

All the best and happy mingling :thumbsup:

Kevin's photo
Sun 10/10/21 08:01 PM
Hi, welcome to M2

Kevin's photo
Sun 10/10/21 01:40 AM
I usually try and make my SILENCE heard on such occasions, and I have been through some such unwanted incidents! Yeah, I have done it effectively! Though such incidents had nothing to do with physicality or body shaming.
I have an almost zero tolerance too rude behavior, or unwanted curse words, "beeped out words" which some don't think twice before uttering! If she happens to be a date I do give her a chance to correct herself! But as you rightly said, the human ego is delicate and she won't budge! Here, I WITHDRAW.

Kevin's photo
Sat 10/09/21 08:51 AM
@SparklingCrystal: Could you please lend me some of your patience :wink: :smile:

Kevin's photo
Sat 10/09/21 08:23 AM
Well at 25 you should be wise enough to know wot's right for you....
Welcome to M2, & all the best

Kevin's photo
Sat 10/09/21 03:38 AM
Welcome to M2... Start anew, have a good life...
All the best :thumbsup:

Kevin's photo
Fri 10/08/21 08:10 PM
what slaphead

Kevin's photo
Fri 10/08/21 05:57 AM
Well done :thumbsup:

Kevin's photo
Fri 10/08/21 05:07 AM
Hi Erni, welcome to M2 & all the best

Kevin's photo
Fri 10/08/21 05:05 AM