Community > Posts By > Candiapples

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/24/16 12:36 PM

taking a chance/risk on dating someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with?

I'm not exactly sure how you mean this but how it's typed no, not really.

Otherwise I'd start dating dudes, and 4 year olds, and 97 year olds, and chimpanzee's that know sign language.

They all fulfill the criteria of "someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with."

Plus I think I would be a real a-hole if I did the whole "well, I never dreamed I would like you, let alone fall in love with you, dating you was purely an experiment to get out of my comfort zone or whatever, or I simply felt sorry for you and to feel like a good person I decided I'd deign to date you, thank god I used you for that! Turned out well, huh."

Otherwise the whole "dating someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with" seems to offer a huge danger of "a sure road to settling because you want immediate emotional gratification and a false sense of security, and you're only expanding your horizons because what you were doing wasn't working for you in getting what you want."

IOW there seem to be far more negative possibilities stemming from"dating someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with" for the off chance that you hit the super mega powerball love and viable relationship jackpot.

So, no, I wouldn't take the risk dating "someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with."

Sometimes...life surprises you.

Sometimes the measure of an adult is being prepared for surprises.

What you may think is right for you, or wrong for you really isn't

What is right for you, or wrong for you, changes throughout your life, it can even change on a day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute, basis.

I think a better leading question would have been something like "do you believe in the immutability of your personality and life, that who you are is who you are, and who you like is who you like, always and forever, that you have a very specific type that is your ideal match. And if so, what would get you to take a risk/chance on dating someone you never dreamed you might like or fall in love with?"

If you don't address the...default mind set...of the people answering your question, the answers are ultimately meaningless.
I say I won't take a chance, but what does that mean to you?
Do you simply read "closed minded?"

Let's say I will date any woman I find attractive between the ages of 28-50, any race, any culture, within the neighborhood of my location, in a city of millions of people.
But I said I won't take a chance.

Then Pete McPetey responds after me that "yeah! I'm changing lately! I'm broadening my horizons! You have to have an open mind to find love! I'm willing to take that chance!"
Only in practical reality that translates to the standard of an attractive woman between the ages of 25-26, blonde, christian, southern american, within the city of 1500 people , but there's this brunette that's 25-26, christian, southern, he's had his eye on and he's thinking of going for.

What meaning did the answers "I won't take/haven't thought about taking a chance" vs. "I would take, do think about taking, a chance!" really provide you?

lol well I think all the posters here were bright enough to know I didn't mean 4 year olds and monkeys.

As for using people and feeling sorry for them...is not like that at all. Every single time you go on a date is a risk...will she like you or not and squash all your dreams or expectations? Will she be gorgeous but suddenly you find out she has a wooden leg that breaks the deal for sure or she can't carry on a conversation or laughs like a hyena.

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/24/16 12:11 PM
I just have to add to this and clarify.
If we have already gone down a certain road and know already what our dislikes are eg: an alcoholic, a drug abuser, a womanizer or maybe a knowitall., then of course we wouldn't

How do we know 100% what we wouldn't like based on religion, culture, looks, age etc etc. If we have never tried. Maybe the chemistry is so strong between 2 people that both would compromise....meet in the middle. And I don't mean sexual chemistry..I mean everthinges. .. .the soul, mind and body.

That was my point anyways.

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/24/16 11:40 AM

taking a chance/risk on dating someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with?

I'm not exactly sure how you mean this but how it's typed no, not really.

Otherwise I'd start dating dudes, and 4 year olds, and 97 year olds, and chimpanzee's that know sign language.

They all fulfill the criteria of "someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with."

Plus I think I would be a real a-hole if I did the whole "well, I never dreamed I would like you, let alone fall in love with you, dating you was purely an experiment to get out of my comfort zone or whatever, or I simply felt sorry for you and to feel like a good person I decided I'd deign to date you, thank god I used you for that! Turned out well, huh."

Otherwise the whole "dating someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with" seems to offer a huge danger of "a sure road to settling because you want immediate emotional gratification and a false sense of security, and you're only expanding your horizons because what you were doing wasn't working for you in getting what you want."

IOW there seem to be far more negative possibilities stemming from"dating someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with" for the off chance that you hit the super mega powerball love and viable relationship jackpot.

So, no, I wouldn't take the risk dating "someone you never dreamed you would like or maybe fall in love with."

Sometimes...life surprises you.

Sometimes the measure of an adult is being prepared for surprises.

What you may think is right for you, or wrong for you really isn't

What is right for you, or wrong for you, changes throughout your life, it can even change on a day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute, basis.

I think a better leading question would have been something like "do you believe in the immutability of your personality and life, that who you are is who you are, and who you like is who you like, always and forever, that you have a very specific type that is your ideal match. And if so, what would get you to take a risk/chance on dating someone you never dreamed you might like or fall in love with?"

If you don't address the...default mind set...of the people answering your question, the answers are ultimately meaningless.
I say I won't take a chance, but what does that mean to you?
Do you simply read "closed minded?"

Let's say I will date any woman I find attractive between the ages of 28-50, any race, any culture, within the neighborhood of my location, in a city of millions of people.
But I said I won't take a chance.

Then Pete McPetey responds after me that "yeah! I'm changing lately! I'm broadening my horizons! You have to have an open mind to find love! I'm willing to take that chance!"
Only in practical reality that translates to the standard of an attractive woman between the ages of 25-26, blonde, christian, southern american, within the city of 1500 people , but there's this brunette that's 25-26, christian, southern, he's had his eye on and he's thinking of going for.

What meaning did the answers "I won't take/haven't thought about taking a chance" vs. "I would take, do think about taking, a chance!" really provide you?

Woah!

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/24/16 10:21 AM

Now that Abba song is stuck in my head...
Thank you Candi...smile2
Haha! Oops sowwwy :worried:

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/24/16 10:20 AM
For me , I guess I had some issues with men of a certain culture and religion . I'm not racist but felt they wern't for me. Even had my problems with the big age difference thingy.

Well I met a guy like that 2 years ago...from the start I'm like "no freakin way will this work" ...it didn't because I wasn't willing to open my mind to this. So we spent a lot of time off and on. The last breakup lasted 5 months..I did a lot of thinking and gave it one more try. We still did not give up on each other completely.

It's going great now because I took the wall down..relaxed and let' things flow.

Maybe we create the problems we have in our relationships based on our own biases..preconceived ideas and insecurities.

Candiapples's photo
Thu 06/23/16 08:36 PM

Sometimes...life surprises you. What you may think is right for you, or wrong for you really isn't

Take a chance and see what happens :laughing:

Candiapples's photo
Thu 06/23/16 08:28 PM
:smile: :tongue:

Candiapples's photo
Thu 06/23/16 08:12 PM
The head or heads laugh blew up like a balloon and went "POP"

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/20/16 03:05 PM
Opinions should be welcomed from those you love but ultimately only you can change running from good men.
No matter how many people tell you how great he is...only you can make that decision .

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/20/16 02:49 PM

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be able to relate to this so here goes...

I have a best friend, who has been my friend and even more like a sister since we were in elementary school. She knows me better than anyone and her opinion means the world to me.

I, admittedly, am not the best at selecting men for myself. Any guy who was worthy, I scared away somehow and any guy who wasn't got to stick around way longer than I should have let him. My best friend (who I also call my wifey, and no not in a sexual way) likes to tell me after the fact that she never liked the guy or that I'm dumb for letting a good guy get away.

I've decided that since I SUCK at choosing men for myself, I should obtain her approval before getting serious with anyone.

Sounds like a pretty good plan eh?
Uhhhh...NO

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/20/16 02:46 PM

I agree with your statement and I have met people like this in my my life, I call them" psychic vampires", they suck all the happiness out of a room.Leave them behind, focus on positive energy,you only get one go around in life , be happy.
I completely agree with this.
Focus on the positive people around you. The vampires will eventually disappear from your reality.....the less you focus on them.

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/20/16 02:35 PM
Both have to realize that the other is an individual.. Both deserve respect and love. Work together in making decisions and compromise as well.
The chances of a relationship working when one or both are selfish human beings...are nil.

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/15/16 07:01 AM
It shouldn't even be talked about anymore in this age but unfortunately humans will find anything to hate on.

One man from Africa that I dated kept telling me that we would have beautiful babies....I agree.

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/14/16 06:34 PM
OK I guess that wasn't a funny joke frown

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/10/16 11:53 PM
Of course...I'm just saving the best for last :laughing:

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/10/16 11:51 PM
When someone just wants my body laugh

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/10/16 11:45 PM
Fool me once..shame on you
Fool me twice...shame on me

I may be too trusting..my downfall sometimes... but don't you think by age 56 I would know better?

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/10/16 11:38 PM
In a new relationship I would laugh and walk away. This guy values his possessions way too much for me and already shows signs of being a distrusting person......beeeeeeep....NO

If it was a marital prenupt, I would sign...because what I had before I entered marriage is all I need if I left it. It's how I am anyways..

Candiapples's photo
Fri 06/10/16 11:26 PM
Definately a stress release

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 08:53 PM
A big German Shepherd who is too smart for her own good lol

She just might end up on old McDonald's farm soon frustrated

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25