Community > Posts By > Candiapples

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 08:49 PM
Everyone from childhood and up has expected us to do well ...our parents..our teachers..our employers..our coworkers..our mates etc. We are born into this world being told in so many words that we need to be perfect. Why would we not expect this of ourselves?

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 08:29 PM

I heard through the grapevine this is a cougar site...

It is true.
I have seen droppings.
lol yes too funny laugh

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 07:29 PM
Edited by Candiapples on Wed 06/08/16 07:29 PM
Oh wow! I'm always here at the right time :blush:

Next is very kind

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 07:23 PM
That's just a nasty rumor :banana:

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 05:27 PM
Oh Fer sure..thank you :laughing: hehe!

The next poster has a dazzling smile

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 04:56 PM
The Young and Restless!
Ohhhhh! :grin::smiley::smile:

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 04:53 PM

I think David should meet Jane, so she can get revenge against Steven since he's been bumping uglies with Michelle.

devil smokin :laughing:
laugh :wink: Now that's just funny!

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 03:58 PM
They are all with the wrong people. They all need to look somewhere else I think.

Steven and Jane might have a chance since he is happily married :laughing:

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 03:14 PM

What do men prefer to wear or see their partner in: boxers or briefs?

I couldn't care less about a man's choice there.

Having said that, if you have ever viewed an
over-80 guy at the gym wearing too-short boxers,
well, just roll my eyeballs right on down the hall.
(I won't be wanting them back.)
lol ewww! rofl

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/08/16 03:09 PM
Edited by Candiapples on Wed 06/08/16 03:10 PM
You didn't mention granny pannies or tighty whities as an option? frown

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 08:48 PM
Sounds so simple but not when we live in a "It's all about me...me...me" world

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 07:47 PM
Good grief! Lol

The world will never be poifect :grimacing:

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 05:44 PM

the problem with the world today..

is not really understanding the problems.
making simple things too complex, and looking for ways to make the complex oversimplified and easily digested.

we are adults so let's get at what the root of problem might really be..

Do you perceive a problem because you think you don't have what your grandparents do/did?

when did these issues start to occur?

Dawn of humans?

What are the actual issues:
some...have had to deal with how they feel

There you go.
That's ultimately the problem.
When do people have to deal with how they feel?
When they don't feel good, something feels bad, and/or how they expect they should feel isn't how they are feeling.
What keeps people from feeling good? Oppression against freedom to immediately gratify perceived needs and wants, too many or too few choices.
What makes people feel bad? Fear.
What teaches expectations? The village that raised them and they continue to live.

have their been repercussions that are now damaging our chances of having a lasting relationship?

The only reason to have a lasting romantic relationship is for the purposes of child creation in order to provide a child a stable enough environment to keep it alive long enough, and trained enough, to be able to survive in the environment in which it exists, and for multigenerational goal fulfillment (e.g. buy land, build a home and business, pass it to the next gen, perpetuate family/family name)
i.e. family and kids.

Perpetual long term emotional gratification for the sake of emotional gratification from a single source, or worship of an idea (love) as a new god and sole reason for existence of the relationship, is simply not something people are capable of.

are there some positive advancements we have made?

IMO not really.
No positive, no negative.
It's just change. Everything has good consequences, everything has bad consequences.
People are still motivated by the same things they've been motivated by for hundreds of thousands of years.
There is no advancement, there is only determining what works for a while as the most efficient means of fulfilling the perceived needs of the people in your perceived group, and the most efficient means of climbing to the highest rung of the social hierarchy in order to guarantee the group effort lands on you before other people.

i.e. 'whoever is first in line gets first shot. whoever kills the woolly mammoth gets to eat the liver.'

Nothing really "advances."
We're all just competing for the best place in line to guarantee we're the ones that benefit the most after everyone has weakened the woolly mammoth, while maintaining a safe distance so when the woolly mammoth charges and begins to eat people we are in a position to outrun the next guy.

have we become so independent that dependent has become a dirty word?

Dependent has come to have a lot of negative connotations.
But we have not become independent.
No real such thing as independent.
People are interdependent.
More so now than ever.
Now there is a greater need for individual specialization.
That makes people overly dependent upon people they don't know. Strangers.
Overly dependent upon strangers = lack of identity.
Not enough relevant feedback to cement their place in a community.
People overcompensate for that lack of identity (communal, social, relevance) by seeking out more validation of individual identity rather than expanded group role.

People simply pay lip service to the idea that they are independent.
People espousing their "independence" are simply attempting to politely say "I'm better than you. I deserve the good stuff."
It's a means of self valuing out of a lack of enough meaningful community feedback or validation.

let's get at what the root of problem might really be

The more things change the more they stay the same, while a lot of people seem to build their expectations on that something will be different, better, easier.
No matter how you want to analyse it all...the world has changed..now we have to accept and deal with it. ohwell :smile:

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 04:58 PM
Edited by Candiapples on Tue 06/07/16 04:59 PM
With some men...there's never a right time unless he plans on marrying the gal

To be honest...I will never marry a man like that...just saying :blush:

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 04:34 PM
When you feel it's the right time :blush:

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 04:24 PM
Right now I have no life so I pop on here for some entertainment laugh

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 04:20 PM
I have always maintained that I had the most fun as a teen. We were free..natural and I had great friends. Today almost everything and everyone is so fake. Yada Yada Yada!

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 04:15 PM
I wonder how he got me offtopic

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 03:10 PM
Reminds me of a time when I had a hippie babysitting me. Took me and my brothers to a park with her friends. Gawd they were loads of fun :banana:

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/07/16 02:45 PM
"Those were the days my friend...we thought they'd never end..we'd sing and dance, forever and a day"

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25