Community > Posts By > Candiapples

Candiapples's photo
Tue 07/05/16 07:38 AM
About 9 years ago I did date a homeless man who unfortunately was also an alcoholic. He had a great heart .

We were together for a couple years. He would work off and on and lived with me off and on until we split up for good. But before I told him it was over....I talked him into rehab. He's been clean for years now...has a steady job and a great woman..I am so proud of him .

I would date a homeless man again in a heartbeat with a great heart than a scummy dirt bag in a suit

Candiapples's photo
Thu 06/30/16 09:47 AM

I have know more then a few couples that had age gaps of 15 years or more.. How many are still together?... not a one.

Because time doesn't stop, and at some point the older of the couple is really old in the eyes of the younger and they lose interest.

How many people do you know who are around 50-55 and have a husband or wife around 65-70? and have been together for a long time.

And for what its worth, I have a friend who divorced then took on a girlfriend in her mid 20's, he was in his late 40's.. The girlfriend was as old as his kids.

How did his kids accept it?.. they didn't, they were embarrassed.. and told me(and others) so. The relationship didn't last.. not because of what the kids thought but because she lost interest after the novelty wore off. The kids lost a lot of respect for their father too.

Is the short burst of "happiness" worth it?.. not in my eyes. I'll stick to my age group.

But to each his own

Iprobably almost everyone I know is divorced except for my parents generation which BTW usually the men were.much older than their wives.

Some families are very close minded

Candiapples's photo
Thu 06/30/16 09:35 AM
Edited by Candiapples on Thu 06/30/16 09:37 AM

I feel consciousness is our connection to energy. The total energy that makes up the WHOLE universe. Even the "soul" is the connection to everything. To quote Leonardo Da Vinci : "Learn how to see. Realise that everything connects to everything else". I think our consciousness is that connection...
I completely agree.
IYou may find it hard to grasp the concept of living in the NOW where the future and past don't exist. We live in the moment and everything we think we experienced is just thoughts and nothing more. BUT it's soooo REAL lol. Dang we are great manifesters!

I believe this as I have seen things change instantly.....Eg: people changing ...and I don't mean moods or behaviors or appearance. I mean their personalities changed according to how I wanted to see them ...good or bad.
I have also witnessed the clear night sky for many days void of a moon..
I saw 2 suns in the sky 20 yrs ago and driveways appearing in my neighborhood overnight.
According to The Law Of Attraction, what we think , is what we manifest.

Candiapples's photo
Thu 06/30/16 08:24 AM
Edited by Candiapples on Thu 06/30/16 08:48 AM

If I had a 19 year old daughter, I would not want her with a 30 year old man. It has nothing to do with the level of maturity of either. A teenager should not be with a man of that age. If she were 21, and he 31, I would have no problem with that. Both would be grown. I think most people with daughters would agree with that.

I've dated and been in relationships with men half my age, but we were both well into adulthood.
my daughter was 19 when she met her husband to be who is 10 years her senior. We had no problems with this but then again she was quite mature and had a lot of life experience by this age. She was 23 when they married.

Candiapples's photo
Thu 06/30/16 08:20 AM

I will say it again.

Age is just a number and the mind is all so powerful and it's what you believe is what's going to dictate how mature..intelligent..wise......youthful or old one is. Im talking in general..not just about relationships.

Just look at people around you, the ones always talking about feeling old and can't do this or that anymore typically have become prematurely old . Some much older with a positive attitude and refuse to give in are generally much healthier...happier and much more youthful because of this attitude.

I already talked about experiences in another post regarding maturity in young people. Honest to gawd I have met more unintelligent..immature and ignorant men in my age group than I have younger mature men. I don't know why...maybe that's what I attract..who knows...

You're hiding a young buck in your closet aren't you...Candi?winking
lol well not exactly hiding him. We have been dating on and off for a couple years now and my family has met him although I do have to admit that it wasn't easy at first to accept but once they met him it was fine. I'm also very strong willed and stuck to my guns in telling them to butt out . :laughing:

Candiapples's photo
Wed 06/29/16 02:56 PM
I will say it again.

Age is just a number and the mind is all so powerful and it's what you believe is what's going to dictate how mature..intelligent..wise......youthful or old one is. Im talking in general..not just about relationships.

Just look at people around you, the ones always talking about feeling old and can't do this or that anymore typically have become prematurely old . Some much older with a positive attitude and refuse to give in are generally much healthier...happier and much more youthful because of this attitude.

I already talked about experiences in another post regarding maturity in young people. Honest to gawd I have met more unintelligent..immature and ignorant men in my age group than I have younger mature men. I don't know why...maybe that's what I attract..who knows...

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/28/16 08:25 PM

Dislikes
Old fuddy duddy men that can't get up off the couch.
Control freaks
Two faced men (not many but there are)
Wishy washyness
No personality
No sense of humor
Cheaters...liars.....big egos. ....skirt chasers

Intelligence
Worldliness
Has his own mind
Ambitious
Thoughtful
Compassionate
Reliable
Trustworthy
Down to earth
I think you left something out.. good with his...

Hands
Oh yes you are right...dang! how could I forget that :wink:

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/28/16 08:21 PM
I know youwon't see this post (but then again you might) laugh

Thank you for being :so awesome muahhh! flowerforyou

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/28/16 03:39 PM
Dislikes
Old fuddy duddy men that can't get up off the couch.
Control freaks
Two faced men (not many but there are)
Wishy washyness
No personality
No sense of humor
Cheaters...liars.....big egos. ....skirt chasers

Intelligence
Worldliness
Has his own mind
Ambitious
Thoughtful
Compassionate
Reliable
Trustworthy
Down to earth

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/28/16 03:24 PM

I don't like traveling alone
I don't like camping alone
I don't like dining out alone
I don't like going out alone
The rest I kinda like being by myself...I really value my alone time.

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/28/16 02:33 PM

why do people keep asking if it's wrong to date who they wanna date?

because we live in a very opinionated world and people don't want to think for themselves anymore and rely on what others believe and have to say.

Just do what you want..when you want and how you want. Who gives a hoot what they think....

Candiapples's photo
Tue 06/28/16 02:13 PM
I think better advce is to stop trying and continue doing what you started out doing but over time women and men change. It's called settling into the hum drum day to day life.

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 09:44 PM
Been there so many times. Now I can see the signs quicker and wondered what the heck was wrong with me for not seeing this earlier or putting up with it for so long.

You will heal Romeo...that's the truth and yes ain't life a bit**

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 08:35 PM
rofl

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 08:34 PM
smile2 laugh

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 08:03 PM

No games..be real...say what's on your mind and no beating around the bush. Give..be kind...be selfless..compromise...respect their opinions. Make love often..do special favor and .be thoughtful.
..ok.but a little beating around the bush...can be fun...lol
lol I imagined your head rearing up to this one laugh

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 08:02 PM
Oh My :laughing::sweat_smile: Love ya girl :wink:

Has many secret admirers

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 07:59 PM
That's as bad as the age difference thingy.
There is only one reason someone would say that and it's because he IS racist. Sorry to tell you that but non racist people don't think to say such things.
Most racists don't want anyone to know they are. I know a few who said "it's OK to be racist but don't let anyone know"
What The............:angry:

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 07:52 PM
No games..be real...say what's on your mind and no beating around the bush. Give..be kind...be selfless..compromise...respect their opinions. Make love often..do special favor and .be thoughtful.

Candiapples's photo
Mon 06/27/16 07:45 PM
:tongue: . :tongue: :wink:

Next poster can charm the pants off the oposite sex

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25