Community > Posts By > Ness_a

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 04:10 PM

I don't think my friends would let me do the things I do to a lover :wink: though I am sure some of them could easily be persuaded .

rofl

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 03:43 PM
Edited by Ness_a on Mon 02/05/18 03:44 PM

I won't argue in public. I would not embarrass my mate.. and make myself look like a a*s.

I just don't do it

now alone with her in the car... that's a different story Lol

No, I can't imagine you would embarrass your mate. But don't drive when you're upset...laugh I forgot in Jersey that's just normal. rofl

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 03:38 PM
Edited by Ness_a on Mon 02/05/18 03:44 PM

I'm not sure how far back my aversion to arguing in public goes. It may have been triggered by my being upset when my parents argued in front of us kids. I have horrible memories of that.

Since then, I've seen a lot of public arguments, and I've noticed a couple of unrelated things.

One is that some people pick fights with their "mate" in public on purpose, as a manipulative technique. Sometimes they just want to embarrass the "mate" into giving in, to shut them up, and sometimes it's an attempt to artificially gain allies in a weird way. Kind of like in forums,when someone posts an argument, not to sort out their own thoughts, but rather to enlist allies that they can then fling in their "mates" face.

Another, is the thing about arguing over a cell phone. Frankly, I think fewer people have mentally caught up with how cell phone conversations work, than realize it. Lots of people talk on the phone, the same way they talk when they are wearing headphones. The have no sense of the fact that everyone around them, hears them even better than the person on the other end, that they are yelling at.

My aversion may stem from the same Igor. No a pleasant experience. flowerforyou

All great points too...as usual.

Stupid autocorrect!

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 03:06 PM
Edited by Ness_a on Mon 02/05/18 03:06 PM
Relationship can be a tricky word.

While a friendship is a type of relationship, being "in a relationship" most commonly means a long term romantic type of relationship.

Otherwise the word generally has a reference in front of it. If someone is having a fling, they might use the term "sexual relationship" to describe it. If someone is dating someone now and again over a period of time, they might say "off-and-on relationship". If someone is staying with a partner they don't get along with but they both enjoy their "sexual relationship" too much to wish to stop seeing one another, the term "love-hate relationship" could be used to describe it. And friends with benefits or regular booty calls might fall under "casual relationships".

That should just about cover you. Happy hunting.

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:46 PM

that's what the manager told themrofl rofl rofl

NO WAY! rofl

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:45 PM
Edited by Ness_a on Mon 02/05/18 02:46 PM

I've heard quite a bit as well, and no I don't care to be around that energy at all.

When I lived in Florida and took the bus home, I would hear people getting on their phones just to yell at someone. My thoughts were always "thank God I don't have you in my life"

But I did have a family member in my life down there who did the same thing. Didn't care who was listening when she was screaming at someone, justifiable of course noway , or who was listening when she was doing it to you.

I tend to avoid an argument at all cost, if I have to step away until I am able to discuss things without it becoming heated, then I will say so and handle it later. Little babbles are fine, but if you're really angry, I feel waiting until things cooled down is best.

Always a good idea to cool down first. I have to admit to being very upset with someone, but after considering their viewpoint for a while, realized I was the one being unreasonable. It's nice not to have to eat words when that happens. embarassed

No, that's never fun. I've lost my temper a few times, even though I try to avoid conflicts. I use those times as opportunities to learn from it. Looking at how I reacted, owning it, and thinking about how I would have liked to have handled it help me to do things differently the next time I'm faced with intense emotions.

I don't know that anyone has made me lose my temper yet, but I'm not shy about letting someone know they've hurt my feelings. I can be a bit sensitive at times. Like you said...we learn by the embarrassing moments, so it's probably good to have a few behind us.

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:42 PM

actually it was the grocery store winking

You can't do THAT in the produce section! noway

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:40 PM

Showering together drool drool :wink:

I’m with you. Because it’s important to assess, as quickly as possible, his back scrubbing pressure and technique. Is there any bigger turn off than a man who leaves you lacking with his loofah? laugh
possibly .. I am not so keen on men who hog the shower head laugh laugh waving

surprised He wouldn't! noway laugh

not if he's a keeper he won't

Exactly! biggrin :thumbsup:

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:38 PM

arguments happen if it's in public control it and limit it.
if it's gonna be the end of days, then take it home.

but always always make up in private

Unless you want to be banned from the Woolsworth. laugh

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:37 PM

I think people are people whatever regional or cultural, when it comes to arguments. It maybe in another language but it is still an argument. happy

I do not like agruing in public I prefer to have a disagreement with my husband or man friend in private. Wait til we get home.

Open forums are public and I see agumentive conversations here over and over on Some topics .

I've run into a few topics here that got a bit heated and thought to myself...just keep walking Annessa...just keep walking. laugh

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:32 PM

I've heard quite a bit as well, and no I don't care to be around that energy at all.

When I lived in Florida and took the bus home, I would hear people getting on their phones just to yell at someone. My thoughts were always "thank God I don't have you in my life"

But I did have a family member in my life down there who did the same thing. Didn't care who was listening when she was screaming at someone, justifiable of course noway , or who was listening when she was doing it to you.

I tend to avoid an argument at all cost, if I have to step away until I am able to discuss things without it becoming heated, then I will say so and handle it later. Little babbles are fine, but if you're really angry, I feel waiting until things cooled down is best.

Always a good idea to cool down first. I have to admit to being very upset with someone, but after considering their viewpoint for a while, realized I was the one being unreasonable. It's nice not to have to eat words when that happens. embarassed

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:28 PM

I don't like arguing at all, but disagreements do happen.

Definitely in private!

It really bothers me when I see others arguing in public. And it doesn't feel very good when someone is yelling at you in public either, it's pretty humiliating.

Agreed...
Private...
If your partner feels the need to berate you in public, then there is a problem upstairs...
Immaturity or just plain dramatic...:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:spock

If they argue in public, the making up part will be rather limited. laugh

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:11 PM

I don't like arguing at all, but disagreements do happen.

Definitely in private!

It really bothers me when I see others arguing in public. And it doesn't feel very good when someone is yelling at you in public either, it's pretty humiliating.

I have heard so many couples arguing lately, I was beginning to think I was the only one who feels this way. flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 02:03 PM

I’m with you. Because it’s important to assess, as quickly as possible, his back scrubbing pressure and technique. Is there any bigger turn off than a man who leaves you lacking with his loofah? laugh
possibly .. I am not so keen on men who hog the shower head laugh laugh waving

surprised He wouldn't! noway laugh

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 01:59 PM
No matter how perfect a relationship, there will be disagreements. When they come up in a public situation, how do you deal with it?

Personally, I feel like arguing with your partner in a public place is extremely disrespectful, not only to them, but the people who have to witness it. I'm one for waiting until I get home to voice a complaint or discuss an issue.

But as often as I see it, it seems like many couples simply don't care who sees/hears their spats.

Do you think views on whether or not it's acceptable to argue in public is something that differs regionally? What about culturally?

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 07:46 AM

I went to the store for an apple, small salad bowl, toaster waffles, and a yogurt.
The checkout girl smiled and said, "You must be single." I coyly asked, "How did you guess?"

She said, "Cause YOU'RE F*&^EN UGLY!"

Thanks for the gasping coffee choke this morning! rofl

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 07:22 AM

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 07:02 AM
I’d listen to Igor and Eric on this one though. I think they’ve got a pretty good handle on the subject. biggrin :thumbsup:

no photo
Mon 02/05/18 06:55 AM

When do you say it is so?

I think you might be in love with love if you’re more interested in how he makes you feel than you are interested in HIM.

How do you get over it? how to stop it being so?

Great question. I might consider reinvesting your efforts in really getting to know him better. If how he makes you feel is still your strongest draw to him then maybe your not as into him as youd like to be and should let him go. Everyone deserves someone who loves them...not what they can do for them.

But how else can you love the person if he is not that person? I mean a girl can give a guy butterflies in his stomach because of what and how she is and that’s how it all starts so how do you say it’s not really what she gives him but what she is. I sound complicated even to myself slaphead

Lol! I think I get it. I think it’s so much harder to know what someone else if feeling. I suppose there are subtle hints though. Maybe their attention feels forced more than not, like they’re trying to give you the same level of attetion they’re soaking up from you, but it doesnt come naturally.

I think online would be impossible to tell, as most hints of a persons feelings for us are in their physical reactions; genuine smiles that reach their eyes, raised eyebrows that express true interest, warm looks that indicate concern for us, and of course the heated looks that can’t deny their physical desire for us.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 14 15