Community > Posts By > MyrtleBeachDude

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 07:50 AM
yep I have plenty of female friends

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 07:39 AM

Nope But.......in some states they have to offer them drug rehab if they fight it once they make the program then they will be reinstated for work. But with construction type work they are not required to offer those types of offers.

My company has a zero tolerence policy.

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 07:28 AM

No I don't think he should have been fired. But, if it were me, I would have put him on a fairly long probation just to make sure he wasn't lying. And, to play devil's advocate, he could've gone to the ER and got a script. He did have a choice and unfortunately, you got caught in the middle. I've had to fire guys I like immensely, it's not easy.

The rules have no room for probation. Believe me I tried everything.

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 07:18 AM
I agree that drug testing should not be used as a form of humiliation and degradation but unfortunately it is. Me as a plant manager can look at anyone here that pisses me off and send them for a D&A test. I don't or wouldn't do that but I have that power. Some managers abuse that power and it's just not right but it's done in the work place everyday.

I was forced to terminate one of my employees about 3 years ago. He was in a slight accident and because I have to play by the rules I sent him for a d&a test. He tested positive for a strong pain killer. He had woke up on a Sunday night with a really bad toothache. He had an old prescription he found in his medicine cabinet. He took the pills and although his name was on the bottle, the expiration date was expired. Have you ever had a toothache so bad that you would take anything to get rid of the pain? I was informed by HR to terminate him. This was one month before Christmas and he had just gained full custody of his little girl because the mother had abandoned the family. He sat in front of me crying. That was one of the saddest days I have ever been faced with.

If a man tests positive for cocaine or stronger then yes he should be let go. If a man smoked a joint last month during his vacation? then no he shouldn't be terminated.

I understand peoples strong opinion about drug testing but look at the example I just told you. Do you think my employee should have been fired?

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:52 AM
Wal MArt

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:45 AM

it doesn't bother me

in fact, i'd encourage it for people who are receiving government-subsidized funding in any way (besides obviously ill people)

i don't like the idea of the government having that much control over our lives; however, i would prefer that if it were required to prevent fraudulent uses of tax dollars.

I really agree with that

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:32 AM

Do you agree with it or not? Why?

I have an opinion but I'll wait. This is a great mix of people so I want to hear what you have to say.

And please don't dump on someone if their opinion doesn't line up with yours PLAY NICE. Now lets hear it.

Well.....I have been subject to drug AND alcohol testing since the concept first appeared in the workplace. The degree of testing has been suspect for years, but public demand for our testing was overwhelming so it went through and stayed despite constitutional rights objections.

Most people are OK with drug testing as long as it isn't them being tested. I have actually watched that happen many times!!

NOW I am all for it! And hope everyone has to experience the humiliation and degradition of the process and the questioning of your integrity by your employers as a small group of people that I'm in has had to endure.

I am a plant manager so I am in that position you speak of.

and I'll bet you don't have to operate any dangerous equipment either....makes NO sense does it???

Actually I have 2 locomotives, 3 Caterpillar 988F loaders, 1 Caterpillar 824 dozer. Yes I have dangerous equipment. I agree with much of what you said though but before I speak I want to see the gerneral consensus is

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:25 AM
I am strongly for it and I think if someone has been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt then it should be immediate NOT 20 years later.

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:23 AM

I have an opinion but I'll wait. This is a great mix of people so I want to hear what you have to say.

And please don't dump on someone if their opinion doesn't line up with yours PLAY NICE. Now lets hear it.

Well.....I have been subject to drug AND alcohol testing since the concept first appeared in the workplace. The degree of testing has been suspect for years, but public demand for our testing was overwhelming so it went through and stayed despite constitutional rights objections.

Most people are OK with drug testing as long as it isn't them being tested. I have actually watched that happen many times!!

NOW I am all for it! And hope everyone has to experience the humiliation and degradition of the process and the questioning of your integrity by your employers as a small group of people that I'm in has had to endure.

I am a plant manager so I am in that position you speak of.

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:19 AM
If I read something they have posted in the forums and I find it interesting or funny then I'm curious to what their profile says. That applies to both men and women. Just to randomly look at profiles no.

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:15 AM

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:08 AM

I just got an email from a young lady who told me I was sexy...

...I never really considered myself sexy...

...am I sexy? what spock surprised

Well of course you are sunshine

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 06:00 AM

I want

#1 - new car
#2 - new home
#3 - winning lottery numbers
#4 - winning lottery ticket
#5 - my friend to sit on grapes

rofl

My lottery story 4 years. I turned in a bunch of tickets and one of them hit for 15 dollars. I was thrilled. I walk out of the store and my wife drives up. She tells me she needs to use my truck to get some things out of storage. I hand her my keys and I get in her PT Cruiser. I start it up and the gas hand is burried belowe "E". It cost me 30 dollars to fill it up. So my lottery winnings lasted all of about 5 minutes!ohwell

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 05:52 AM

remote controlled helicopter
A robot
IPhone
2 more speakers for my DJ equipment
A really big paint by number
Bigger sound system for my boat
Bigger telescope
A new golfcart (I'm already building that)
Another remote controlled fart machine
A trip to Las Vegas

you don't ask for much do ya? :smile:

lol well just consider I have to buy all of this stuff myself

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 05:49 AM
remote controlled helicopter
A robot
IPhone
2 more speakers for my DJ equipment
A really big paint by number
Bigger sound system for my boat
Bigger telescope
A new golfcart (I'm already building that)
Another remote controlled fart machine
A trip to Las Vegas

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 05:43 AM
drinker

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Fri 10/17/08 04:22 AM
Little Bruce and Jenny are only 10 years old, but they know they are in love. One day they decide that they want to get married, so Bruce goes to Jenny's father to ask him for her hand.

Bruce bravely walks up to him and says, 'Mr. Smith, me and Jenny are in love and I want to ask you for her hand in marriage.'

Thinking that this was just the cutest thing, Mr. Smith replies, 'Well Bruce, you are only 10. Where will you two live?'

Without even taking a moment to think about it, Bruce replies, 'In Jenny's room. It's bigger than mine and we can both fit there nicely.'

Still thinking this is just adorable, Mr. Smith says with a huge grin, 'Okay then how will you live? You're not old enough to get a job. You'll need to support Jenny.'

Again, Bruce instantly replies, 'Our allowance. Je nny makes five bucks a week and I make 10 bucks a week. That's about 60 bucks a month and that should do us just fine.'

Mr. Smith is impressed Bruce has put so much thought into this.. 'Well Bruce, it seems like you have everything figured out. I just have one more question. What will you do if the two of you should have children of your own?'

Bruce just shrugs his shoulders and says, 'Well sir, we've been lucky so far.'

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Thu 10/16/08 01:19 PM
Hell I'm usually alone when I'm have sex anyway so it doesn't matter

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Thu 10/16/08 01:18 PM

Anything involving Peanut butter.

Teaspoon of peanut butter rolled in corn flakes

MyrtleBeachDude's photo
Thu 10/16/08 01:11 PM

I guess I'm what you call a newbie too! I have never done this thing before so not sure what to expect I guess hoping to find new and interesting people........So Hi everyone

Well there certainly is a variety here that's for sure. Welcome and have a good time.