Sat 05/16/15 01:58 AM
OMG the male responses on her are sooo typical (typically juvenile)whoa rofl

no photo
Fri 05/15/15 05:49 AM
Glad it's FRIDAY :) :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 05/15/15 05:46 AM

Are you proud of your continent?

Well, I like my country...I never really gave much thought about the continent. I never recall saying.. I'm from North America. I know Europeans do and so do folks from Africa.. but that sounds right.

Saying Hi, I'm from North America just doesn't sound right.

laugh true

USA all the way and yes I am proud to be an American....I suppose I am also proud to be N American....whateverflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 08:08 PM

read what you sign before you agree to employment...

I agree. I did not apply, a few years ago, to a protestant Christian College because I read the employee conduct agreement and realized that since I drink alcohol, wear make up and sometimes go dancing I probably could not abide by the conduct agreement.

Maybe I should have taken the job and then sued them after a boisterous few nights out...lol

you don;t have to agree with the church, and that's fine, but don;t work there...pretty simple

i could understand it if it was a drunken night out and she got fired, but this is a single, unwed soon to be mom... the Catholics lack of compassion really infuriates me... like all the religious folk were preaching in the abortion thread, it's not the babies fault... but it's paying the price for it's mothers stress on this matter...and the Catholics seem they could care less... nice religious attitude they have...

Catholics think as individuals just like everyone else and most likely as many agree with you on this as do not.

The churches "official position" is not going to represent all Catholics (even tho they want it to)

Abortion is not the issue here. I don;t care if an unmarried woman gets prego....and i doubt any of my Catholic friends do either. i am just saying that it is likely this woman knew she was violating her conduct agreement that she AGREED to when accepting employment.

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 07:59 PM
ummmm....excuse me?

"the sweetest thing"?

uh HELLOOOOooooooo:wink: laugh

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 07:39 PM
I agree. I like to text an I love you - or a call me or a quick hello and it's not a replacement for conversation at all

it's also convenient when I am short on time and just wanna say I am 5 minutes from your house....and not be on the phoneflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 07:12 PM

I don't think its bashing, no country is perfect, they all have different issues

in Europe there is a lot of division amongst nationality and here there is division amongst races because our country is much larger than their nations,,,

Its not just press, you can participate in American based forums or European ones and see where the most prominent types of bigotry are

in britan, for instance, we were much more likely to be referred to as 'american' than black

but here, since its expected to be American, we (my family and I) are much more likely to be referred to as black

and wonderwoman,, I think men may have preferences for many reasons like women can

and then of course people can just fall for who they fall for and cause others to assume race was a factor in their choice

Ive known a black woman who was terribly mistreated by the few black men she was with and learned to 'prefer' white men(usually those who thought lowly of black men)

IM sure the same is true of some black men

I have also know black men to be treated poorly by a few black women so they learn to 'prefer' white women

,,,the possibilities and their causes are numerous

seems to me that the blacks are the ones that want the distinction...

we are all Americans, but yall prefer African Americans, even tho a very low percent actually even been to Africa...

lol.. ur funny

for hundreds of years , blacks weren't americans or even people,, just property

that wasn't what blacks 'preferred'

and due to a history of being defined that way,, we learned to embrace our ancestry since our country didn't embrace us

and due to a history of being seen and labeled as something other than American (negro) and the effects of that on anyone appearing to be a negro,,,,,we are going to remain 'negro' as long as that distinction is something others can define simply by having eyes

my point is, if blacks really thought there was an inequality, they wouldn't separate themselves from everyone else... what happened 200 years ago is no different from something that happened 1000 years ago, it's history...

i have no problem calling you an American, but calling you an African American is just demeaning to blacks...

my point is the blacks didn't separate themselves,,those who brought them here did

and after slavery there was still segregation and jim crow, which allowed the UNITED STATES to keep blacks separated,,,

which only ended in the last half century

and my parents who as African americans had me, by definition, had an African American,, as I have, and as my children will

calling me African American is not demeaning anymore than calling me a female American, its an honest reflection of my ancestry, my roots, my heritage,,,etc

I was born in America
I have African ancestry
I was born with uterus and vagina

my skin is not even close to 'black' and 'colored' is too vague a descrption when defining RACIAL heritage(which is based in ancestry)

so describing my race as African American is far from demeaning to me

my nationality is American,,,

agreed again! I am Irish American, I have friends who are Asian American African American, Italian American and so on

A lot of Americans are proud of their ancestral heritage and it makes them no less American. America is very unique and comparisons to Europe don;t work most of the time.

Our country was founded and populated largely by people from somewhere else. It is a young country (relatively) so it is understandable that we sometimes seek attachment to the cultural heritage that helps define our contributions (as an immigrant culture) to this new experiment called America. The melting pot that we are described to be had to have something original to put in the pot...and that was the original heritages of each of us.

there, my rant for the dayflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 07:03 PM

Does being nice get you anywhere in this world?

Be yourself and if that is nice then that's that

things go better when one is true to oneself

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 07:00 PM

read what you sign before you agree to employment...

I agree. I did not apply, a few years ago, to a protestant Christian College because I read the employee conduct agreement and realized that since I drink alcohol, wear make up and sometimes go dancing I probably could not abide by the conduct agreement.

Maybe I should have taken the job and then sued them after a boisterous few nights out...lol

you don;t have to agree with the church, and that's fine, but don;t work there...pretty simple

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 05:51 AM
perhaps we're too smart to become starving artists and becoming too smart to support them lol

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 05:34 AM

Coffee Coffee Coffee drinker

OMG I love that cozy. I WANT itlove love love

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 05:34 AM

Coffee Coffee Coffee drinker

OMG I love that cozy. I WANT itlove love love

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 05:27 AM
why would anyone leave Washington State and move to Texas of all places?

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 05:25 AM

is it true ? young women like to have sex with matured man (15 years more than their age???..
if so why?

Probably because matured men likes to have sex with young women(15 years less than their age)...spock

I reckon that was also my first thought lol

I never did when I was younger but I had one friend in particular who preferred older men. But she was one out of many who really did not seem to have that preference.

Whatever floats ur boat:wink:

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 05:22 AM
coffee of coursedrinker drinker

kinda right in there w/ it was tomorrow is Friday :)

no photo
Wed 05/13/15 05:22 PM

TOXIC RELATIONSHIP .
And I'm sorry to say, you both sound on the same emotional level.
.Cut ties with her. Take a break. Start over. Good luck. flowers

agree mostly with you but at least he seems to have some concern for the direction of things. Of course we don;t have her "side"

It takes time to learn that we really cannot control our relationships with othersflowerforyou

no photo
Wed 05/13/15 05:20 PM
not sure exactly who is narcassistic....but you don;t "give" somemone their freedom. It is theirs you have no control over it. that's a "learning curve"

She's sounds immature and maybe too young at this point jmho

no photo
Wed 05/13/15 05:53 AM

Do they need to be alive?

I was wondering about that too....to realistically attend dinner, it would be more pleasant if they were ... lol

Three dinner guests? I can think of loads who'd be fun interesting ans so on.... OK as long as I am not doing the cooking....

Clint Eastwood and Eminem, and then to make it interesting, Elizabeth Warren :)

no photo
Wed 05/13/15 05:46 AM

Not digging this new age texting

The more human communication is foisted
upon you... The more you'll learn to appreciate
your dogs .

laugh

no photo
Wed 05/13/15 05:40 AM

totage has been posting a bit lately
http://mingle2.com/topic/428681

thanks ESE...hey I like that picture of you and txsgal :)